• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bal En Blanc, Edition 10

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Alright, so it hasn't happened yet but I'm reviewing their announced lineup:

Not a promoter just a fan(atic?) who just got a look at the headliner lineup for Bal en Blanc's 10 year anniversary:

Deep Dish
Paul Van Dyk
Armin Van Buuren
Paul Rauhoffer

It's like the best of the past two BeB's (Armin last year, Deep and PVD the year before). Too bad they didn't get Roger Sanchez back after last years wikked fuckin' set.

Yeah, go ahead koolies, roll your eyes and sling your disses at the commercial appeal of the lineup. But they'll have all their spanky new records from WMC and this will be my fourth year running at this event and it easily rocks anything I've ever attended here in Toronto. Any. Thing.

Gay. Bi. Straight. Tran. Rippers. Subs. Doms.

Ahhhhh, Spring is in the air.

:D

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Anyone who goes to BeB (etc) based solely on the lineup is overlooking the fact this is a party. These jams are always amplified. Every year. All the time. Great times are guaranteed, and unforgettable.

stanimal

TRIBE Member
Bal en Blanc is definitely a tremendous experience, some of the best parties I've been to. It's been a few years since I've attended one, and I'm not really a huge fan of the mega parties anymore, but I would definitely consider making an exception for BeB. It truly is in a league of its own with regards to production value and quality.

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bernnie Federko
Anyone who goes to BeB (etc) based solely on the lineup is overlooking the fact this is a party. These jams are always amplified. Every year. All the time. Great times are guaranteed, and unforgettable.

I remember the first time I went. Some friends insisted that I go even though I wasn't crazy about the lineup (Mistress Barbara, Baby - when he was still called baby - Hec, etc.). I still recall (with goosebumps) the first time I opened the doors to the loading docks of the Big O and laid eyes on the spectacle that is Bal. I just sat there kicking myself that I'd missed the first six. And now, I get the spectacle and a 'best of' Beb lineup!!!!

:eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by s1k
same week jun vasq is in montreal, but i guess not a part of beb

I hope not! He 'closed' the festivities last year right after Sanchez and boy oh boy did he ever close them down. He sucks, no two ways about it. Brutal programming. Brutal mixing. Brutal ego. So bad. So very bad. Almost instantly cleared half the remaining party. I'm sure he's playing one of the warmup white parties or an after party that I'll avoid like a Paris Hilton interview.

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Rumour has it (from solid sources) Danny T will be touching down mid-April.

a) hope it's not during BeB weekend!

b) doesn't matter where in the t-dot he plays, better get in line NOW.

it'll be shirtless insanity.

:rolleyes:

Skipper

TRIBE Member
If Boa can get Jeff Mills back to Toronto, I would guess that they could get Danny too.

Especially when the crowd at boa is mixed gay/straight

stanimal

TRIBE Member
The main Bal en Blanc party falls on Easter Sunday every year; which means this year it's on April 11, 2004.

I've heard it's suppose to be at the Palais de Congres (which is an awesome venue), but I don't know for sure.

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stanimal
The main Bal en Blanc party falls on Easter Sunday every year; which means this year it's on April 11, 2004.

I've heard it's suppose to be at the Palais de Congres (which is an awesome venue), but I don't know for sure.

Chew got it man.

It's back at the Palais. Last year marked the official return to this venue after a couple of years of the event being held in the loading docks of the Big O whilst the Palais got itself a pretty extensive facelift.

It was an awesome venue last year for the event sans a couple of nasty dead or echoey spots for sound but I guess that's the problem a party of 10,000+ mad punters holds for promoters.

Mz. SPy

TRIBE Member
If anyone needs tickets for this, there is a guy here in TO tonight and he is selling VIP tickets for 85 bucks, when they are regular 85 plus VIP 25. You get a bunch of cool stuff with the VIP

His name is Louis and he is having a meet-up at Futures Bakery on Brunswick and Bloor at 6:00 p.m tonight (Tuesday). You can give him a call at 514-794-7942. Quantities are limited.