• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bad Co. are in TOP FORM at the moment...

AVE

TRIBE Member
let the flaming begin:D

I don't know if I'm the only one here, but lately I've been really digging their new shit. Respect to Dan Fresh for always trying new things.

I still can't believe that 'Submarines' tune is by the same guys that did the Nine!! And snowcat has been getting good rotation in my MP3 player lately

Lotsa new things from the Bad company camp.

Hear Hear!!

T

TRIBE Member
yeha, always been a fan.
Its hard to believe submarines was done almost 2 years ago, and only now getting the recognition,.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I agree Anthony...it's good to hear them venture into new territory...i was realy bored with the whole 'Book of the Ba' trilogy...but props to them for the new pieces.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Agreed, I was impressed with the Digital Nation live set on Radio One. Just burned the MP3, so gonna check it out again on the way to work tomorrow... :)

But I don't think 'Submarines' is quite that old, it was one of the first of the newish Digital Nation tunes along with Rise and Aisle 13, maybe 6-8 months old?

And finally... Fresh is definitely droppin some serious dancefloor business as well right now, I'd say the 2 biggest tunes for me at WMC were 'Torpedo' and 'The Hornet'. Both are absolute mayhem on a club system.

air-bag

TRIBE Member
"seizure" was the 2nd drum n bass tune i've heard (after goldie's atlantis).

Got me hooked :)

eib fan ever since :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

T

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vise

But I don't think 'Submarines' is quite that old, it was one of the first of the newish Digital Nation tunes along with Rise and Aisle 13, maybe 6-8 months old?

way older than that dude....

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
I agree Anthony...it's good to hear them venture into new territory...i was realy bored with the whole 'Book of the Ba' trilogy...but props to them for the new pieces.
don't bash the book.....if you really listen to it, it's pretty damn good, a lot of different tracks on that one and don't let the bad company filler distract you from the fact that it was great shit!

submarines is definatly a tune.

i was a little disapointed with the botb series

but it looks like the boys are back on track.

im eager too see what they are going to unleash for the summer!

kurtz

TRIBE Member
Bad co. owns. Altho I was quite impressed with them the first time I saw them at turbo, the second time was a little dry (mainly because our locals were spinning those tracks on the regular).

However, does anyone agree with me that their style is responsible for killing old skool? I find a lot of their tracks balance very mathematically. Almost like verse, chorus, verse.. etc, in terms of beats.
Whatyathink?
peace.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

air-bag

TRIBE Member
^^ dammit :) i was just thinking that lol

Bad co. owns. Altho I was quite impressed with them the first time I saw them at turbo, the second time was a little dry (mainly because our locals were spinning those tracks on the regular).
True wasnt the best set.
But planet bass this year was fantastic

Last edited:

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III

don't bash the book.....if you really listen to it, it's pretty damn good, a lot of different tracks on that one and don't let the bad company filler distract you from the fact that it was great shit!
i wasn't bashing it...i just wasn't feeling any of it when i listened to it at the time...maybe another try is needed.

peace
Chris

~Bakes~

TRIBE Member
Roughest Gunnarks

These guys are where it's at right now, most sickest and talented , and let's not forget versatile Dj's in the scene as of late. Hopefully when connected rolls around:confused: they'll be there alongside that Ed Rush and Optical;) smashin up tha dance floor with a bag full og Dubs.....who knows?

Mah 2 Cents, peace

:p

seeker

TRIBE Member
i just got a copy of their breezeblock mix from february tonight. i thought it was pretty good. i truly hadn't been excited about much dnb lately, but this mix and the pirateshipkru mix by sean f got me interested again.

what's the digital nation set called? is it around on audiogalaxy/tribe ftp/elsewhere?

any other recommendations for new dnb that's off the hook?