• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bad areas in toronto?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I remember seeing reports a few years ago, detailing the breakdown of crimes in each district of Toronto. I think Sea posted it. Does anyone know the webpage that has those details?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
oh, you invoked the name of evil sea!

i used to live near regent park, nto i live in parkdale. i like downtown bad neighbourhoods. scarborough's scary though, and some parts of mississauga. well, i get scared by ugliness, so that might be it. i had to go to the purolator station on kipling last weekend: barren industrial nothingnes: scary.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I can remember the star dotting the places of handgun murders across a map of the GTA...is that what you're thinking of?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I can remember the star dotting the places of handgun murders across a map of the GTA...is that what you're thinking of?

similar idea, but not what i'm looking for.

What Sea posted, was a full breakdown for each district, and the numbers involved in each crime-type and demographics involved. e.g. where my gf at the time lived, i was 5x more like to get stabbed than my gf.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
eglington kingston rd kinda area of scarborough is pretty shitty... they say malvern is ghetto but I don't think it's so bad... galloway is pretty ghetto.

jane and finch

regent park

my hood is ghetto to... Thornhill... but it's a jewish ghetto ;)

diablo

TRIBE Member
Guns and stuff: Regent, Rexdale/Jane+Finch
Drugs/hookers/general sketch: Parkdale, Sherbourne, Landsdowne

randyval

TRIBE Member
leaside beyatch.
jontrack.jpg

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Tesseract said:
What about Allen/Dufferin and Eglinton? or Scarlett/Dundas?
Any ideas?

Bueller?

eglington and allen ain't bad.. but jsut west towards vaughn rd/rogers rd up to dufferin is pretty ghetto. Also Lawrence heights... lawrence and Allen Rd is GHETTO.. big subsidized housing development there.. very similar to regent park kind of style. seems to be lots of shootings there.. been a couple of murders in the last year to.

flemington park.. eglington and don mills is ghetto as well. Jon tremblay lives there.. two murders in the buiolding enxt door to him in 3 months.. one shooting.. one stabbing.. 5 murders in the last year alone.. 4 by guns.

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Lansdowne/Bloor Area.

Nothing like telling your sister she can't go to the store after 8pm at night.

So many fun memories like the time I got swarmed by junkies at 4 in the afternoon, bringing my parents by.. only to be blocked from our street by the police tape and sea of blood infront of the House of Lancaster... the cop being shot one street over while I was leaving for work...

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i like the bad areas - the badder the better. Sometimes i like to hang out with badasses and do bad things.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
really really bad things like sexually assaulting hampsters and freebasing baby aspirin while listening to barry manilow and wearing ballerina shoes and sniffing kerosene while driving a tractor and singing madonna tunes

why not

TRIBE Member
of the shitty areas i've lived in, i got hassled less at bloor/landsdowne and queen/sherbourne then i did in markham.