1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Backcountry Camping - This Weekend.

Discussion in 'Guys Stuff Forum' started by Bacchus, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Hey boys. Figured this would go better here, then anywhere else...

Hitting up a weekend in the Algonquin (lake Opeonogo) with a friend of mine for a canoe/portage/camping trip. We've got room for two more bodies.

We're leaving friday morning and coming back sunday , with the possibility of monday depending on weather.

Cost of a canoe rental is 60-75 for the weekend and 3$/night for camping back country.

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I just did this a couple of weeks ago, good times, hope you had a good paddle. We saw a moose.

3. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

So who played Heath and who played Jake?

4. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

8-ball says you and your dad, just like always

5. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

lol...there were those jokes made.

other awesome jokes the weekend including hunting each other.

it was a great weekend though.

I hope to head back there soon. I've been other places near by, but Opeongo was gorgeous. Canoed about 10k over the 24 hour period.

I wish i would have stayed longer, but my friend who was driving made the call to leave early. There were calls for thunder storms saturday night and sunday. We didn't want to make the 3km paddle back in a thunderstorm - and hitting up the white caps, so it was probably for the best

6. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

this sounds awesome

7. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

^ it was! hoping on getting out again another time this year. maybe the weekend after harvest.