• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Backbreakers 3 Year Anniversary - Sat. May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor James

TRIBE Member
In the last year Backbreakers has made leaps and bounds in regards to itÕs events. Not only were we able to bring you a series of one off events with great new DJÕs but we were able to offer a weekly night. The last year has seen us be able to bring such talent as DJ Hyper, Freq Nasty, DJ Rectangle, Josh The Funky 1 to name a few. So for our 3 Year Anniversary we continue to attempt to not only expand and progress our scene but to offer something new. For this event we will for the first time be venturing to Toronto and leaving the steel city.

We have joined forces with RENAISSANCE EVENTS and Slinky UK to help in raising the bar for the clubbing experience in Toronto. On Saturday May 25th, please join us at the newly renovated York Theatre. In what is surely the most amazing new venue in the city, as we will be helping to create the "Ultimate Night Out."

For this event we will not only be providing you some of our favorite residents but another groundbreaking DJ/Producer in the Breaks scene.

Rennie Pilgrem - London, UK Ð TCR, Track, Release Management
What more can be said about the man who created the "NU-SKOOL" sound? For over a decade now. Rennie Pilgrem has been pushing the boundaries of the breakbeat scene in the UK and around the world. From House, to Hardcore to Breaks, he has incorporated
almost every genre of music to create his own personal brand of funk.

This will be Rennie Pilgrems first appearance in Ontario as he tours in support of his Tribalizm compilation.

Andrew Spence - Vancouver, Canada Ð Backbreakers, Futuristic Funk
The DJ formerly known as Slim, sorry no crazy symbols, just one bad ass DJ!! Andrew's
lock 'n' load mixing and ferocious scratching abilities have been impressive
trademarks of his from the GetGo. In addition to spinning a veritable typhoon of
breaks, house and anything else that get in his way, he will be ripping a tenor
sax live into the mix through a mic, and effects, this awesome hybrid of wax and
sax is making huge waves as Andrew blasts the envelope of the DJ performance
into hyperspace.

Andrew is definitely one our favorites and has been a part of Backbreakers events since the beginning. He is a must in our 3-year celebration line up.

Resident Soundboy, Dave Saddler, Tech-Tonique
Trevor James Ð Backbreakers Residents

These 3 Backbreakers residents unite for the first time to bring you another edition of the Backbreakers 3x4-turntable bonanza. Combining their different styles of Funk, Tech, Nu Skool, and Progressive Breaks, this will be a jaw dropping breakbeat bash. A set guaranteed to break all boundaries of a genre never meant to be divided, to unite all enthusiasts old and new, on one floor, under one roof, for one sound. Along with hard house veteran Trevor James, the Backbreakers crew is going to throw one hell of a birthday party!

For more info on the other ArtistÕs, the Companies, ticket sales and the venue please check the Upcoming events forum.
02_renposter.jpg

We would like to thank everyone for the support of our events and us. Watch for more exciting and new events to come in our 3rd year.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Looks good, plus I love the location(its in my hood!). If I don't go to DEMF then hopefully I will make it out to this!

~Leslie~

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ Red Lion

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by funky_citrus
Looks good, plus I love the location(its in my hood!). If I don't go to DEMF then hopefully I will make it out to this!

~Leslie~

I'm sure we can do both Leslie! Like Detroit's far ........... come on!

allsides

TRIBE Member
Just spoke to Rennie's agent, Rennie is bringing a shit load of dubplates. He also has Tribalism CD's to give away. Don't miss out on a chance to see the Breaks Don in person, I know I'm not going to. See everyone this Friday at Fever. And we will keep you posted on some huge Backbreakers event's this summer.

peace
tc

TRIBE Member
Chance to win some free shit!

CONTEST #1 - WIN FREE STUFF!!

Everyone who purchases an Early Bird or Advance ticket at Tripledecks.com for Renaissance will be eligible to win a Smoking-2Wars prize package consistenting of:

Smoking T-Shirt
Smoking Frisbee
Smoking Papers (Assorted Styles)
2Wars & A Revolution Records "Jelo" Mix CD
2Wars & A Revolution Records "Year 1 Volume 1" Compilation CD

Chances of winning are 1 in 10!!!!

CONTEST #2 - WIN MORE FREE STUFF!!

This one is really easy - and the only "contest" part about it is that you gotta show up early! That's right, the first 100 people through the door will get a free gift from Smoking. So get your butt of the couch and get down to Sensation! Doors open at 10pm, so don't be late!

TRIBE Member
Here's some info and music you can check out about our headliners!

Lee Mullin/ Hybrid - http://www.hybrid-group.co.uk/
Dave Lea - http://www.slinky.co.uk/djprofiles/djs/davelea.shtml
Rennie Pilgrem - www.tcr.uk.com
Jon The Dentist - http://www.damndjs.com/damn/jonthedentist.shtml
Chris Anderson - djchrisanderson.com - Coming Soon
Andrew Spence - www.backbreakers.ca
OS2 - http://www.damndjs.com/damn/os2.shtml
Stretch and Hooker - www.stretchandhooker.com
Jelo - www.djjelo.com
Resident Soundboy, Dave Saddler, Techtonique - www.backbreakers.ca

Trying to keep you well informed!

Peace,

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Wooo for rennie pilgrem. I'm really curious to hear what he sounds like live. Should be pretty interesting. The venue sounds like it will have awesome acoustics too.

allsides

TRIBE Member
Just in case there is any confusion with anyone, Andrew Spence is DJ SLIM. Andrew felt that there were to many dj Slim's and that Slim is no longer a true reflection of himself, which is exactly what a dj name is supposed to be. Don't worry though the name is all he changed not his style.

peace
tc

allsides

TRIBE Member
I guess I should learn to word things correctly. He actually feels that he has matured beyond the name Slim, he is actually thinner now that he is not Slim. Go figure.

tc

Status
Not open for further replies.