• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bachelorette Meredith

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Ack. I know... its probably not worth starting a new thread for, but what the hell...

I watched the last 1/2 hour (even though I basically ignored every previous ep).

Felt bad for Matthew, but you just knew she had a bigger hard-on for Mr Mysterious, Ian.

Thing is, I think she missed the boat on this. I think she went into "early-twenties" mode rather than "hey, i'm 30!" mode to decide. You just know this ain't gonna be the smooth ride that it could have been with the texan dude...

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I always wondered about the validity of the demographic that consistently write into tabloid rags to gossip about inane teevee programs and soap stars -whether they're created by desperate uncreative mag writers or are for real.

Thanks for answering the non-nagging question.

labRat

TRIBE Member
who's the chicky at the end of the show - the one from global? wtf?!? she seems pretty hard up about this show ... dreaming she had 20 hunky boys clamoring over her.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
who's the chicky at the end of the show - the one from global? wtf?!? she seems pretty hard up about this show ... dreaming she had 20 hunky boys clamoring over her.
lol

She is the "bachlorette coresspondant" or as I like to call her Merdith's fatter older sister

She so wishes she was Meredith its kind of sad...although she did have some funny things to say...

A little dissapointed that she picked Ian as well especially when he said " I am so scared, baby". Not really comforting words but they did seem to have good chemistry and he was her favorite from the start.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
I was disappointed as well. But you could tell that she couldn't ingore the chemistry with ian even though Matthew was way better.

plus she said many times she has a thing for picking the "wrong" bad boys

he's so going to break her heart I predict though. He was caught up in the winning aspect, once that drama is over he's likely going to revert back to the guy that we saw him as throughout most of the show... the guy we saw at the hometown date.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity
Ack. I know... its probably not worth starting a new thread for, but what the hell...

I watched the last 1/2 hour (even though I basically ignored every previous ep).

Felt bad for Matthew, but you just knew she had a bigger hard-on for Mr Mysterious, Ian.

Thing is, I think she missed the boat on this. I think she went into "early-twenties" mode rather than "hey, i'm 30!" mode to decide. You just know this ain't gonna be the smooth ride that it could have been with the texan dude...

Can you say this while chewing gum and bouncing your heqad from side to side

Jennika

TRIBE Member

so true....

ah, I didn't watch after the proposal, I was too grossed out.

it felt like she cheated people. The idea was to go on the show to find that soulmate to settle down with and marry. then she just ends up finding some guy that's probaby like every other smarmy LA guy she's dated in the past

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Another "reality" show for retards.

I find it unbelievable that people don't understand that there are 150,000 out of work actors, which is why they "write" (I use the term loosely, since it is not really writing) and script these idiotic shows, and people lap it up like a bowl of shit.

Mmmm...yummy shit. These shows actually make people retarded. Fuck, read a book or something before you start drooling all over yourself.

Oh, and start a thread about how Moore is not presenting the truth or something.

These shows make me sicker than Jesus.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member

I did the same thing. I've never seen an episode til last night's last half hour. Man, I got a little emtional watching it too. They're a super cute couple. They look very in Love no doubt,

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
ew - i didn't like the ending - I liked Ian, but Matthew was the way better choice for sure!

Ian: "baby... i'm so scared" - that made me want to vomit for some reason.

i could care less what happens with these two from here on out... but I'm still praying that Ryan and Trista the giant jackass get a divorce :D

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd

I find it unbelievable that people don't understand that there are 150,000 out of work actors, which is why they "write" (I use the term loosely, since it is not really writing) and script these idiotic shows, and people lap it up like a bowl of shit.
Not only does Timo watch these shows, he is the All Encompasing Fan Club Prez.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Not only does Timo watch these shows, he is the All Encompasing Fan Club Prez.
That'll be the day that the brain damage I pray for every morning finally arrives. You see, I have a dream that I can join hand to hand with the retards and make retarded pirate sounds while creaming uncontrollably in my tighty whities, all the while not understanding how bad the actors are, how bad the writing is, and just not getting anything at all. AArrrrerrrrr... arrrrrrrrrgh.

Somebody, please, send me some feelgood neurotoxins.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
well, you do seem to know a lot about how bad they are.
Breakfast Television this morning, before I could find the remote and change the channel, had something from the show, and in the 7 seconds I was forced to watch, I made the call.

That's how bad the acting and writing is-- in 7 fucking seconds, I could tell.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika

plus she said many times she has a thing for picking the "wrong" bad boys

he's so going to break her heart I predict though. He was caught up in the winning aspect, once that drama is over he's likely going to revert back to the guy that we saw him as throughout most of the show... the guy we saw at the hometown date.
I agree, I think he was caught up in the winning aspect of it as well, he didn't even introduce her to his family and his brother was an uber jerk. I think he totally is eventually going to break her heart...I give them a year, max.

mingster

TRIBE Member
i only saw one episode which was last weeks.

and i liked ian better than matthew. matthew just seemed too scripted. "why does this feel so good"? bla bla.

ian seemed way more genuine, and much more like he knew what he wanted. i like her choice. it's too bad ian only looks good from profile.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
That's kind of something I've wondered as well.

People who follow these shows...do you care that the characters and story lines aren't "real"? Or do you just treat them like soap operas?

noodle

TRIBE Member

I understand full well why there are that many out of work actors. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO TALENT!!!!

Being able to act natural on television is a gift that many self proclaimed "actors" are no where near having.

Not to mention the amount of shitty writing that's being churned out, it no wonder auiences in the millions are tuning into reality based television rather than shitty actors reciting poorly written lines.

As for Meredith, I was so happy she picked Ian. She rejected what most deem as "the perfect catch" for someone she was obviously more attracted to.

Sure it might not work out, but at least she's taking a chance. Better that then a boring old life on the farm trying to convince herself that the security and reliability she would have had in Matthew equals happiness.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow

People who follow these shows...do you care that the characters and story lines aren't "real"? Or do you just treat them like soap operas?

the situations that these people are put in aren't natural. people's desires change when competition is involved. it's evident for example, in all but 1 of these cases where the couples didn't stay together for more than a month after the show.

when i watch one of these shows, i'm pretty much aware that these situations aren't real life, but the drama is soooo good sometimes. :)

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I turned off the show just before her last dates with both these geeks. I was so bored throughout this season's series. Her winning personality was shown best during her appearance on "BOB" the bachelor, but on this show...she was dull. I guess it might be because she had slim pickings with her choices of men. Matthew was so average...there was nothing intriguing about him at all. Ian was honest from the beginning and he told her he wasn't intrested in anything too serious until he was sure. I think she made the right choice. I feel she is also like him, and although she said she wanted a ring, she may have been thinking that because of 'pressure' from outsiders. Meredith was definately not like Trista; who would've married any of the guys because she wanted to get hitched!

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by mingster
the situations that these people are put in aren't natural. people's desires change when competition is involved.
The shows are pre-written and fully scripted. Then edited. There is no actual competition, you see.

Television producers would never, ever take a chance on an actual REALITY, i.e. cinema verite-type, show. It's just too much of a risk, which is why every single moment of these shows is written and scripted, just as any other show.

I suppose you watch ER, and think that they are real doctors?

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DEEPHOUSEGRL
Meredith was definately not like Trista; who would've married any of the guys because she wanted to get hitched!
I don't know, I didn't watch the rest of this season, but I did see last night's show, and I did get the impression she was desperate to get married. Throughout the show she kept going on and on about how she wants to be engaged, blah blah blah, but she was never specific about who she wanted to be engaged to... also she practically promised Matthew she'd pick him and then turned around and picked Ian.

Blah.

She did seem like a nicer person than Trista, but still... she was there to "hook a husband", no doubt about it.

mingster

TRIBE Member
The shows are pre-written and fully scripted. Then edited. There is no actual competition, you see.

Television producers would never, ever take a chance on an actual REALITY, i.e. cinema verite-type, show. It's just too much of a risk, which is why every single moment of these shows is written and scripted, just as any other show.

I suppose you watch ER, and think that they are real doctors?
i don't believe you. :)

i think the producers for sure try to steer the show, and the editing for sure plays a huge part in the way the show looks, but i don't think it's all scrpited and that they are all actors.