• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Baby Shower gifts?

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
I have no clue what to get????? The babies sex is not known, and I don't want to spend more then $50.. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:)

~Leslie~

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
receiving blankets, soaps, baby wash, baby kit (thermometer, comb etc)

there's lots of little stuff that they'll need, and that'll leave room for them to get the big items themselves

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Yeah, the ISIS Breat Pump is pretty good, and it comes with the bottle attachment to pump straight into the bottle without the annoying hose, and I think it's under 50 bucks

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't get a breast pump, unless you know she wants one. You have to ask her. And a really good one can cost close to $200.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear
you could even go the gift certificate route if you're not sure

baby towels, diapers...hmm.

Yup...a gift certificate to Baby Gap is always a safe route.

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
I wouldn't get a breast pump, unless you know she wants one. You have to ask her. And a really good one can cost close to $200.

No Breast pump! As much as it may be a good idea, a gay guy shopping for breast pumps just aint happening!

~Leslie~

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Birth control and sleeping pills.

"You'll need these..."

Funny you should say that, cause I was htinking of giving her birth control as a gag gift, but I don't think the family would find it very amusing!

~Leslie~

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by funky_citrus
No Breast pump! As much as it may be a good idea, a gay guy shopping for breast pumps just aint happening!

~Leslie~

hahaha....too funny!:D

Call my cell at around 3:30 if you aren't busy. I'll be driving home from work then.

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
meh...get her something usefull. Also you should ask her what she has already and what she needs. [/QUOTE

I know the shower is not registered anywhere, and I don't want to ask her. I'd rather it be a surprise.

~Leslie~

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Toys R Us is also good...they have both toys and supplies.

My suggestions (similar to some of the others):

-toiletry items (power, wash, lotion, diapers etc.)
-unisex clothing (ie. sleepers, t-shirts etc.)
-toys (my mom bought my cousin a teddy bear when she was born and she carried it everywhere for the next 12 years)
-bibs

Or if you go in with other people, you can get a larger item like a high chair or a car seat.

~jen

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Toys R Us is also good...they have both toys and supplies.

My suggestions (similar to some of the others):

-toiletry items (power, wash, lotion, diapers etc.)
-unisex clothing (ie. sleepers, t-shirts etc.)
-toys (my mom bought my cousin a teddy bear when she was born and she carried it everywhere for the next 12 years)
-bibs

Or if you go in with other people, you can get a larger item like a high chair or a car seat.

~jen

Good ideas!:D

~Leslie~

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by funky_citrus
Funny you should say that, cause I was htinking of giving her birth control as a gag gift, but I don't think the family would find it very amusing!

~Leslie~

One thing I learnt quickly about expectant/new mothers: you can't joke about things like that. One of the greatest taboos in society is a parent verbally regretting becoming a parent("nothing personal son, but having you changed my life for the worse). New mothers regard their baby is the greatest thuman ever and get pretty pissed if you do not agree with them.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
meh...get her something usefull. Also you should ask her what she has already and what she needs.

whatever.

my mom had baby books for me and my siblings documenting all the funny/stupid shit we did..it even had little pockets for a lock of hair (from our first hair cuts), our hospital bracelets, pages for hand/foot prints etc..

it's a nice thing to go through when you're all grown up

so poo on you!

depraved

TRIBE Member
Crib mobile (those things you wnd up & they spin around slowly, putting baby to sleep); there are some v. nice ones that work with your budget.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
A stack of really great storybooks like Robert Munsch, Curious George, The Three Little Pigs, Dr. Seuss, Rainbow Fish and lots of other boardbooks. Wrap in cellophane and ribbon. Done.

A collection of stories is good too. I loved the Robert Milne one I got as a kid.

Or the Beatrix Potter collection.

Locke

TRIBE Member
'the diaper genie'

I was told by a couple that it is almost essential (unless you like the smell of soiled diapers), and was the best gift they ever got at a baby shower.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
A Bellini baby basket!!!

Look everyone, it's a Bellini Baby basket!

Could be up to $500 though.