1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Aviator glasses wearing girls! it's soon time to digg out the uggs

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by alexd, Sep 12, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Or whatever the hideous trending footwear of the fall will be.

How can women think they are making a fashion statement by wearing the same shit as every other girl? Take a chance! DO something different! Go inside and find even the tiniest bit of yourself and use that to separate yourself from the sheep. Take risk. Wear one thing that shows that you have a personality!

/end rant

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Because guys, as a rule, are ALL so individualistic when it comes to outward appearance [cargo shorts/jeans/tshirt/plaidshirt/3flavoursofrunners] :cool:

3. alexd

It has always been more difficult to find men's fashions - there is way more variety available for women. It's no excuse for men though.

I try to wear at least one thing (and usually more than one) that I have hunted down in a vintage store, bought on a trip somewhere, made myself, or had someone make custom for me.

4. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

hey now, aviators have always been awesome. Uggs on the other hand...

I have a distinct disdain for slaves to fashion trends too, but sometimes fashion trends exist for a reason - because the items are genuinely cool, comfortable or interesting. Mr. D you are very fortunate that you have the opportunity to piece together a wardrobe from hunted down vintage items, collected items from your world travels, or custom-made pieces. This is something I aspire to; first though, I need to finish my damn degree and acquire some elusive "free time".

5. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Aviators are classic. It's like saying it's time to get off boot cut jeans or little black dresses or something.

I think most women our age express their individuality through their actions, opinions and ideas and not so much through their sunglasses. I mean, if you rely on your sunglasses/footwear to make statements for you and express yourself, you're pretty much a donkey.

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Aviators look good on a certain type of face, always have and always will (not mine, sadly).

Uggs look ugly on anyone anytime anywhere.

7. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

Uggs are so fucking comfortable that I couldn't give two shits who is wearing them and where.

I wear them with pride. Fuck I love my uggs.

8. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

So are my $5 sneakers, and they look a helluva lot better. :)

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Aviators look just fine, thanks
    [​IMG]

* I didn't look to see if she was wearing uggs; didn't care

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  10. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i think it's kinda lame to judge someone on what they're wearing.

aviators are hot on the right face (not mine) and if you wanna wear uggs, wear uggs.

11. cabbagetowngirl

cabbagetowngirl TRIBE Member

I'm with you.

12. alexd

All I am saying is that when you hop on a streetcar and every single girl on it is wearing aviator glasses and trying to look cool it looks completely retarded. It is like they are either too lazy to shop (highly unlikely), have no sense of style (more likely), or were subconsciously brainwashed by karl lagerfeld and his minions (most probably).

I thought women used to hate it when they showed up somewhere and someone was wearing the exact same thing...

13. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Hate them both. :)

14. alexd

J' uggs

15. B(.)(.)bytrap

B(.)(.)bytrap TRIBE Member

what bugs me is when the "typical" downtown girl with the uneven hair cut, tattoo'd back and mix matching clothing from some thrift store in Kenginston thinks that she is original, meanwhile, there are duplicates of that look as well.

Be, Wear, Say whatever the fuck you want coz at the end of the day, as long as you're happy [and your significant other is happy], who gives a shit what other people think or say.

I love this saying because it can mean alot more than what the words just say: Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  16. B(.)(.)bytrap

B(.)(.)bytrap TRIBE Member

At the same time, don't wear aviators (or worse carrera's), uggs, juicy couture jeans and some wife beater altogether trying to act all cool and individual-like on a streetcar...not going to happen.

OH and with a Coach purse!

However, if each are worn separately, some can be saved and some are for the trend following crowd.

I love my aviator's and I love my uggs...my glasses are worn wherever, whenever I want...and the uggs are to go grocery shopping or to my friend's place, that's as far as I would like to be seen in them cause they're pretty much an outdoor house slipper lol. Each has it's purpose.

17. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Or, don't define yourself by your possessions. That works too.

18. erika

erika TRIBE Member

19. monikita19

monikita19 New Member

That's it! im getting my UGGS this winter.

20. keline

keline TRIBE Member

haha I love how the ad at the bottom of the page is for the new Fall 2010 'Metallic' Uggs

21. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

so say all the women who seem to follow all said trends, give it a rest

we need more generic platitudes up in hurrrr

22. awwnaw

awwnaw TRIBE Member

Okay. you know nothing. :)

Aviators never a trend. Classic. Why every brand always has them as an option no matter the year, decade, season. Jackie O/70's glasses/Olsen Twins glasses yes. Uggs yes. Though I understand, while hideous...apparently comfy. That said, get your shit together when making these comparisons.

23. alexd

So an entire streetcar full of women wearing aviators was a coincidence? I think not.

24. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

^ you should've taken a picture of that! It would be something to see.

In any case, items can be both classic and trendy. This is the current case with Aviators, just as it was last summer or the summer before with big-ass Jackie O sunglasses. I continue to wear both styles, depending on my mood and my outfit. I'm sure that next summer you'll still see some women wearing aviators, but some other trend will have come along. The key lies in awwnaw's post - sunglasses manufacturers/brands will put out an aviator every year, even if its not the current trend/style. CLASSIC.

25. PolishPrincess

PolishPrincess TRIBE Member

I will defend my UGGs till the end.
    My friends hate them and call them Ugly - but for someone who has back problems and hates the cold, they are the only thing that keep me comfortable in the Winter.

I don't wear them to be "cool" or "trendy" I wear them to make my feet happy!