• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Avalon Restaurant Closing :(

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
that's the word on the street.

too damn bad,one of the top 5 restos in the city.

make it there before they shut the doors forever.

hopefully chris will pop up somewhere else.

:(

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
ya know, i heard this @ work when chef and another guy worked the tasting event @ perigee a few weeks ago and told up the news

wont' be for a bit but he's wrapping up the place in less the a few months :(

mos def closing an importent chapter in toronto dining

vox

TRIBE Member
do you know why?

that's a shame.

but he's so talented that i'm sure it's to move on to other equally rewarding things!

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
do you know why?
straight up from what i've been told

his business isn't profitable anymore, i guess the numbers arn't adding up or something and he's gonna try other things

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big Cheese
straight up from what i've been told

his business isn't profitable anymore, i guess the numbers arn't adding up or something and he's gonna try other things
'tis what I had heard as well

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
well if he/she has Avalon on their resume, i'm sure it won't be too much of a problem finding another job

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 2canplay
From what I heard he's more or less bored. No problem. He'll be back after a sabatical.
from what i've heard...*cough* frogget *cough* is that he's pissed that his resto isn't successful as say some other of his contemporaries are.

really too bad,i had the opportunity to eat there once and it was amazing.

juice

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been for the Friday tasting menu deal? Something we've been talking about doing but never got around to it.