• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

auto insurance.. help :)

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone know where I could get some cheap auto insurance?

I'm under 25 and have 2 at-fault accidents in the past 6 years,
so I'm looking for a company that will a) insure me and b) give me
a good rate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated... I'm looking to get a policy today
or tomorrow.

Thanks!

/finary
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
there's always an ad in the toronto star or sun for some place that will seek out the best price for you ... not really a broker. i forget what it's called, if you have more than one day to get this i could dig up some info from someone who has gone through it.

or try here:
http://www.kanetix.com/

<25 with two accidents ... ouch, that's gonna cost a pretty penny.

--craig
 

Michkey

TRIBE Member
Motors Insurance. Saved me about $80 a month!

But I have a GM car and they are affiliated with GM. Might be worth a shot, they have given me low-ball quotes on other makes in the past.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
i'm thinking that you should begin to look for alternatives to driving ... here's a suggestion:


--craig
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
haha.. alternatives to driving :p i dont think so!!
Kingsway quoted me $578 / mo... still expensive

Lowest I've gotten so far is from State Farm for $402/mo

Still searching... :/

/finary
 

futronic

TRIBE Member
Under 25 with 2 at-faults? Ouch man. Sure you can go to a high risk insurer, but unless you absolutely can't live without a car for a little bit, I'd start taking the TTC. You're not going to find much better rates as a primary driver on a vehicle than what you already posted. Shit, for that price you could take cabs everywhere for a year.

-- Jay aka Fut
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
i have been taking TTC and cabs everywhere for 2 years...
i cant deal with it any longer, i miss driving too much

im just going to tough it out and pay through the nose.

my rates wont go down substantially until 2005 or 2006
and i cant wait that long!

/finary

... calling traders general now, i get an employee discount i was told :)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Also finery....your rates only go down if you have been an insured driver, if you have no insurance for 2 years, no decrease in rates.
I too had an accident when I was 17 and it hurt me for 5 years...
But I'm 26 now, and it has finally gone down to 75 bucks a month.
That's with a totally clean record, only 1 speeding ticket in 6 years(10 over). Dam insurance companies. :(
Dave
 

jah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
Kingsway Financial insures high risk drivers. try.

Kingsway has cheap rates but pray you never have to make a claim because they are nothing but a hassle!
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by jah



Kingsway has cheap rates but pray you never have to make a claim because they are nothing but a hassle!
Yeah, $578/month... not exactly cheap!
You're right, the only have a 63% claim satisfactory rate.. doesn't sound too good :/

/f
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
do you have other insurance .. life, home/apartment, body parts, etc? if so, you can usually get reductions overall if you get them all through the same insurer.

state farm is who i go through and they are really good with their rates and service.

--craig
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by *labRat*
do you have other insurance .. life, home/apartment, body parts, etc? if so, you can usually get reductions overall if you get them all through the same insurer.

state farm is who i go through and they are really good with their rates and service.

--craig
I have home insurance with RBC, but they won't even insure me for auto.

State farm gave me a bit of a break, because I have home insurance, even though its with RBC.

I just got off the phone with Traders General, they wouldn't insure me either, so there goes the employee discount. bah
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary


I have home insurance with RBC, but they won't even insure me for auto.

State farm gave me a bit of a break, because I have home insurance, even though its with RBC.

I just got off the phone with Traders General, they wouldn't insure me either, so there goes the employee discount. bah
finary, i had to go through this bullshit about a month ago..

i have 1 fault accident, 1 speeding and 1 failure to stop ticket.
my insurance company (RBC) wanted to insure me for $4800.
It was 2100/yr before the accident.

we ended up calling my mom's insurance agent and he actually suggested the best route to save myself money.

basically, i am selling my car to my mom and then becoming the primary driver on the car. she isn't even going to be insured on it, just the owner.
don't ask me how that makes any difference at ALL, but it dropped Allstate's quote from 7,200 to 2,700

good luck dood
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by stir-fry


basically, i am selling my car to my mom and then becoming the primary driver on the car. she isn't even going to be insured on it, just the owner.
don't ask me how that makes any difference at ALL, but it dropped Allstate's quote from 7,200 to 2,700

good luck dood
wow.. thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind
too bad my parents live 2,500 km away though :)

i dont know if i'd trust anyone else owning my car.. lol

/f
 

xlr

TRIBE Member
Hey Finary, Check out Wawanesa Insurance, after my inital insurance company dropped me, they took me, they don't count your first accident or speeding ticket against you.
 

dora

TRIBE Member
You might try going to your last insurance place. Some of them have a forgiveness discount...it's to ensure you stay with them still. The incentive being if you go to a new place, they'll give you a crappy rate.

I'm with Primmum and they offered that to me...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by xlr
Hey Finary, Check out Wawanesa Insurance, after my inital insurance company dropped me, they took me, they don't count your first accident or speeding ticket against you.
I just called a Wawanesa broker, and they said that they wouldn't insure me because of my 2 accidents.

/f
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dora
You might try going to your last insurance place. Some of them have a forgiveness discount...it's to ensure you stay with them still. The incentive being if you go to a new place, they'll give you a crappy rate.

I'm with Primmum and they offered that to me...
I would NEVER go back to Bel-Air Direct, they fucked me over so large... grrrrrr
Then, AFTER they fucked me over, they told me they would no longer insure me. assholes. (yes this is a sore spot) :>

/f

I'll check out Primmum though.
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I'm with Fair insurance out of markham and have been for the past 5 years... I have a 93 golf and I pay about $80/mth, it depends on your car , your record and your years of insured experience. by the sounds of it you fall into facility which mean the insureer could charge you whatever they wanted to.....

try fair, I've had no problems and even had 2 vandalism claims without a hassle...

Kyfe
 

Preroller

TRIBE Member
If anyone is looking to save some money on their car insurance, you should check out this site:

www.sentinelmutual.com

Check out the Yellow Wood part, it can save anyone some cash on their yearly insurance rates.
Peace
Dave
 

bitchass

TRIBE Member
TD Insurance Direct gave me full on my Protege5 for $2100/year

I have 1 at fault ($7500+) and a following too close ticket thats it.

Everyone else was quoting well over $3000
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top