• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Aurora Borealis

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I would love to see it, but I didn't want to go to Alaska, I was wondering if you can see that from Canada as well? Are there any tourist attractions in the northern Canada for something like this?

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
You can see them in the summer and winter in my hometown of Jasper, Alberta. Last summer after the bar we lay in a field and watched them for two hours, wonderful business.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I have been searching some web sites, but they all talk about Fairbanks, AL.
I have nothing against the States, but I think Canada is just as beautiful and I think it can offer me something like that as well.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

patri©k

TRIBE Member
during the weeks after the solar flare... I witnessed the northern lights several times.

as well as the lunar halo.

all from the rouge valley. not even 10 minutes from the house.

patrick

Casey

TRIBE Member
I used to live in Edmonton, and you can see them all the time in that area. You really don't need to go too far north. They are always beautiful.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Casey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
You can see them in the summer and winter in my hometown of Jasper, Alberta. Last summer after the bar we lay in a field and watched them for two hours, wonderful business.
Northern Lights + Jasper = LOVE EYES

bitchass

TRIBE Member
can see them in calgary all the time too! you really don't even have to leave the city to see them but it can be hard downtown cuz of the lights. if you do decide to drive a bit out of town you can see them most any clear, crisp winter nights.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PRIMAL
I can see Aurora Borealis isolated in my kitchen, but only when I make steamed hams.
The Northern Lights, isolated entirely in your kitchen? May I see it?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Aurora borealis
The icy sky at night
Paddles cut the water
In a long and hurried flight
From the white man to the fields of green
And the homeland we’ve never seen.

They killed us in our tepee
And they cut our women down
They might have left some babies
Cryin’ on the ground
But the firesticks and the wagons come
And the night falls on the setting sun.

They massacred the buffalo
Kitty corner from the bank
The taxis run across my feet
And my eyes have turned to blanks
In my little box at the top of the stairs
With my indian rug and a pipe to share.

I wish a was a trapper
I would give thousand pelts
To sleep with pocahontas
And find out how she felt
In the mornin’ on the fields of green
In the homeland we’ve never seen.

And maybe marlon brando
Will be there by the fire
We’ll sit and talk of hollywood
And the good things there for hire
And the astrodome and the first tepee
Marlon brando, pocahontas and me
Marlon brando, pocahontas and me
Pocahontas.

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bitchass
can see them in calgary all the time too! you really don't even have to leave the city to see them but it can be hard downtown cuz of the lights. if you do decide to drive a bit out of town you can see them most any clear, crisp winter nights.
we used to live in the northwest and would park up on that landfill overlooking the city....
one night the northern lights took us by surprise...it was great, the first time i've ever seen them...

S.

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
I would love to see it, but I didn't want to go to Alaska, I was wondering if you can see that from Canada as well? Are there any tourist attractions in the northern Canada for something like this?

In and around the Peterborough area you can see it a few times a year.

I saw the Aurora Borealis in 2002 on my birthday. I was up near Apsley at the time. It was only a pale blue colour but lasted for a good 2-3 hours (and I think I caught the tail end of it). I was out in a canoe at about 1 in the morning, when I wondered why the sky was so bright, I looked over and saw this amazing sheet of ever changing light. It sort of flowed up from the horizon.

So we went up to the top of a hill (called the rock, a granite peak completely open to the sky) and did balloons of nitrous. Best Birthday ever.

sampson

TRIBE Member
I've seen them a couple of times over the past few years north of belleville and I saw them when I was on Baffin Island last year and they were amazing.

I'd like to go back to Baffin Island and hike through Auyuittuq National Park

chris

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
no word of a lie, a few summer's ago while fishing around mid to late august just off the shore's of Port Credit, my brother and i saw the Northern Lights over the city just after midnight. It was ..simply put.. amazing.

Moez

TRIBE Member
I used to see them all the time when I lived in Moose Jaw. When we drove home from Saskatoon, when I walked home from people's places... It was such a treat when I saw them. *sigh*