• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Audion aka Matthew Dear at FW

Adopted

TRIBE Member
ok, so there was a thread here about this gig but it has disappeared... just refreashing everyone's memory... MARCH 11!

Audion makes me want to break myself... i may just camp out in the back alley beside footwork for this one i am so excited!

who's in?

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Last weekend was the first time I've ever been to Footwerk, and after that experience, it made me think that it'd be very unfortunate if I missed Matthew Dear there.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I'd like to check this out, but I think the gay boys are going to drag me out after a birthday party to fly for deko-ze.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I'd like to check this out, but I think the gay boys are going to drag me out after a birthday party to fly for deko-ze.
Now, not to be an ass or to diss deko-ze. But, he's local and spins in Toronto how often?

and - how often is Dear here? really... :p

and well, I just dont like Fly anymore. Last two times I've been there I had a horrible time.

Having a bouncer drop-kick a door and yell in my face 'are you doing drugs' while I'm trying to take a shit is not a fun way to start the night.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
Now, not to be an ass or to diss deko-ze. But, he's local and spins in Toronto how often?
seeeeeeeeeeeriously.

kaniz said:
Having a bouncer drop-kick a door and yell in my face 'are you doing drugs' while I'm trying to take a shit is not a fun way to start the night.
:0 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:0

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Deko-Ze plays often, and fly is open every Saturday, but him playing there is maybe only twice a year...if that. It's a friend's birthday that will probably end up there - musically I'd obviously rather hear Dear but c'est la vie.

maria, you of all people should appreciate the lure of a gay bar eh? ;)

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Well then, it's safe to say you won't be going to fly, isn't it?
lol - yep. Last time I was there, I felt so harrased by the security it wasnt funny, tossed off with bad music - it sealed the deal as 'my last time giving them my money'.

Faunty went to go into the smoking room, so I figured I'd go in and chat for a moment or two. Security girl follows me in, singles me out and says "You need to be smoking or you cant be in here". So, I get faunty to pass me a smoke, she waits for my to light it and take a puff, then informs me "The moment thats done, you need to get out of here". Combine that with drop-kicking the door while I'm taking a shit, and bleh - no thanks.

mariazmess said:
seeeeeeeeeeeriously.

:0 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:0
yep - seriously. At Fly, they have now made a 'girls' bathroom which is all stalls (They never had this before - as hey, its a gay club).

In the mens washroom - they have two stalls. One, they simply took the door right off of. On every other stall in the club, you cant lock the door.

I was sitting down to pinch one off, I guess I was 'suspiciously long' in the stall - heaven forbid someone actually need to take a shit in a club. Next thing I know, the door gets drop-kicked really hard and the guy comes in and screams in my face to ask if I'm doing drugs while I'm in mid-wipe.

Skipper said:
Deko-Ze plays often, and fly is open every Saturday, but him playing there is maybe only twice a year...if that. It's a friend's birthday that will probably end up there - musically I'd obviously rather hear Dear but c'est la vie.

True, true - if its a friends birthday I suppose thats a reason to bypass dear :)

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
shit girl! last time i went to Fly was for a GIRL'S birthday.
i gots nothin to say about nothin... other than - have fun!!
(Fly is probably one of the best venues to see Deko-ze in anyway!!)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
This my first time going out in 4 months due to working weekends. I finally got a Sunday off..so I think I will be checkin' this out.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
never heard of him, my best friend's bday is this Sat... I wanna take him out - can someone tell me a bit about this dude?

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
never heard of him, my best friend's bday is this Sat... I wanna take him out - can someone tell me a bit about this dude?
there's this thing online, it's called Google... ;) but i'll admit that Tribe is easier than Google...

from his label's website: Texas-born, Detroit-based Matthew Dear has made remarkable steps toward becoming one of America’s best techno artists. Between his stunning live performances and evolved DJ sets, Matthew has perked the ears of the industry’s best. Since signing to Ghostly/Spectral in 1999 as the labels’ first artist, Dear has been named Artist of the Year (2004) by noted magazine XLR8R, among other honors. His debut album under his birth name, Leave Luck to Heaven, was released in winter 2003 on Spectral Sound, quickly garnering positive reviews in such publications as Rolling Stone, Spin, NME, and the New York Times, while remaining on the CMJ RPM chart for over 13 weeks. Apart from his work for Spectral, Dear has recorded for labels Plus 8 and M-nus (as False) and Perlon (as Jabberjaw). After touring throughout 2004 and 2005, Dear now focuses his attention on his Audion guise, whose debut full-length is due in late 2005.

more info and music HERE.
"similar artists:
Ricardos Villalobos, Richie Hawtin, Plastikman, Thomas Brinkmann, Herbert, James Cotton, The Soft Pink Truth"...

mmm Herbert...

kaniz

TRIBE Member
His stuff released under the name Audion is damn amazing - and I belive that is what he's booked as/under @ footwork this week?

soooooooooooooo looking forward to this

Skipper

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
His stuff released under the name Audion is damn amazing - and I belive that is what he's booked as/under @ footwork this week?

soooooooooooooo looking forward to this
Yes he is.
Denise did a good write up in Eye this week.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders