1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Audi A4 3.0 vs. Audi A6 3.0 (??)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by RJ45, Aug 22, 2003.

1. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

What's the difference between these two cars? They both have the same engine, and the options are fairly similar.. But the A6 is a good deal more expensive.

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

What's the Difference between a BMW 330 and 530?

Luxury Package....

3. You're paying for the extra A's

4. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I think the big difference would be the overall size of the car and the interior.

The A6 is the high model and a much bigger sedan. I know Audi made some serious changes to each in the last year so I'm not really up to speed.

Personally I would take the S4 edition over either any day.

If you buy an Audi you will be king in my books.

jeremy -love em- jive

5. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

At first glance on their website (and I may be overlooking this), but the A6 3.0 has their AWD (quattro) system as a standard feature. The A4 3.0 page doesn't seem to tell the same story. That alone would make a big difference in price.

6. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

two completely different cars that happen to share engines and drive trains. The A4 is pretty much the same car as the Passsat the A6 is unique.

The A6 is a bigger and heavier car.

7. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Both A4 3.0 models (6-speed and Tiptronic) have the quattro system.

And Jeremy I don't see the S4 on the website! :( Maybe they don't make it anymore? The only S-model listed is the S6 Avant, which is a station wagon. :confused:

edit: That would suck because the S4 ruled. But, it's out of the price range right now anyway.. And I wish this was for me! I'm price comparing for my cousin because I'm trying to convince him not to waste $71,700 on a new V8 VW Touareg.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  8. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I've tried to find some information on a NA release of the A2 TDI but with no luck.

9. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Correct, the A6 is basically has an emphasis on luxury, and the A4 has more of an emphasis on performance.

The S4 has been dropped for this year. Or at least they are done making/selling them. Why you ask? To clear them all out in preparation of the new 4.2L V8 model that is arriving in 2004. ;)

Cheers ... Ian :)

10. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

hello

11. Noodles0

Noodles0 TRIBE Member

the diff is that the A6 has a 50 foot crank shaft!!! thats where it gets all its power!!! [​IMG]
    VROOOOM!!

12. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Thats because the S series is only produced every few years. They just produced a new S4 so they are now making the S6 this year.

Not sure why anyone would want an S6. Too big of a car to have a sports edition.

jeremy -s4 for ever- jive

13. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Yeah, well what do you know??

- Sam

PS: You're smelly and obnoxious and everyone hates you.

14. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Yeah, it's not like the M5 or AMG E55 are potent sports sedans.

15. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Problem solved. A8 it is.

[​IMG]

:D

16. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

A8 is breathtaking.

17. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Thanks Sam. The only reason I do know that is because my friend Chuckie in MTL had an S4 and I loved it. Then he showed up in a volvo wagon. I was so upset. He told me that his lease was up and he wanted a new one but because they don't make them every year he had to find another car. The S6 was out of his price range.

I know I'm smelly and I know I'm obnoxious but I'm rubber and you're glue everything you say bounces of me and sticks to you:p

jeremy -what about the new nissan z350?- jive

18. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Good point.

And that A8 is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

jeremy -love it- jive

19. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

2 extra doors and about $90,000 :D

20. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

And let the record show that I would give my left nut for an RS6. V8? Check. Biturbo? Check.

:eek:

[​IMG]

21. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

*wiping drool*

jeremy -must be mine- jive

22. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

The base price only differs by about $14,000. Not anywhere close to a $90,000 difference.

23. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

you serious? are 330's about 55K? does that mean 530's are 75K?

don't 5-series cost about 130 to 140? or is that for the 545i and not the 530?

why would anyone get a base model BMW?

24. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

My guess would be appearances.

25. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Sorry, my numbers are a bit off. I only knew the cost of the 33ci off the top of my head. But the 330i is more comparable (because it has 4 doors).

Base for 330i - $46,900

Base for 530i - $63,200

Difference is $16,300

Even the M5 is only $105,000.

There is no such thing as a 545i. Why not look on www.bmw.ca to see all that you don't know. ;)

Why would anyone buy a base BMW? For performance with minimal luxury. Most of the options are luxury items and not performance items. I didn't get the base model for mine, but I wouldn't have turned one down if it was available. The base 330ci is pretty well equipped in the base model.