• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ATTN: Tribe Motorcyclists

scott

TRIBE Member
I've been contemplating the following:

'93 Suzuki GSX-R 750W
9,475 KM
rare red and white version
completely stock aside from a dynojet kit
original owner...a 50 something year old senior director from my office
$3,500

I really, really, really, really want it....and it's insanely cheap too.

Thoughts?

scott

TRIBE Member
defazman said:
old heavy bike at a great price
check over the bike to see if that mialage is accurate
It no doubt is accurate. I don't see my senior director ripping me off. I'm waiting on insurance quotes before I do anything though.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
insurance-wise...prepare to be surprised. anything 750 or above with an "R" rating is ridiculously gouged by insurance companies.

those kms are very low for that year of bike and it's not uncommon for folks to disconnect their odometer cable. not saying that's why in this case as you pointed out it's someone you trust but always be wary.

d

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

littlejon

TRIBE Member
you are still talking about 110+ hp at 460lbs.
and under 10k. and well proven.

fug! add a sexy pipe and you are good to go.

while sport bikes are not my thing, that does seem like a fine deal.
but be sure to get a handful of quotes on the bike, rates vary wildly from different insurers.
shop around, shop around.

the fornicator is on crack, spend the extra $2500 on liquor and whores and enjoy your cheap, quick scoot.

scott

TRIBE Member
"the fornicator is on crack, spend the extra $2500 on liquor and whores and enjoy your cheap, quick scoot."

Ahaha....that made me laugh.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
a gixxer 750 is a nice bike, but if its your first i would recommend a CBR f4i like fornicator said, they are a bit more ROCK solid, and as long as you go pre-2000 then they are relativley mild and the smooth due to the fuel injection system

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlejon

TRIBE Member
be mellow and cheap for the first season, go for an ex 500 | ninja for learning.
they are light, easy and quick, cheap enough to trash, and plenty fast enought to get into trouble.

plus your insurance quotes will be much more reasonable.
and next season you can move on up to the big leagues.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
my first bike was a '92 gixxer 750. great bike but be prepared to get your carbs tuned every so often. they've always been tricky from what i hear. also the powerband jumps bigtime around the 7000rpm mark. it was like a trubo had kicked in on that thing. wow. *reminisce* ahhh fun times.

d

quantumize

TRIBE Member
for whatever my opinions worht please do not get a bike with a jet kit, the gixxer 750 really jumps in high rpm's as it is and a jet kit would make it much harder to control from about 6 - 9 thousand.

get a non-jet kit 600 at the most, your saftey is wirth a whole lot morethan 2500