• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Attn: Gin & tonic lovers - this is not a drill!

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I read somewhere on fb that coca-cola was on strike, zomg like who cares?
Well yeah, if you like Canada Dry Tonic Water, you will soon be SOL.

Go stock up now.

LOL, they've been on strike since 28th June.

700 Coca-Cola workers on strike at Brampton plant

680News staff Jun 28, 2013 08:47:53 AM

BRAMPTON, Ont. – Seven-hundred workers at the Coca-Cola plant in Brampton, Ont., are on strike.

Contract negotiations broke off for the workers who produce, run the warehouse and distribute Coca-Cola products in Ontario and Manitoba.

Picket lines have been set up outside the plant on Westcreek Boulevard, near Highway 410 and Highway 407.

The major issues in the dispute are outsourcing and pension benefits.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Isn't Canada Dry owned by Dr. Pepper? (Dr. Pepper Snapple Group).

If I'm wrong, there's always:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
it really isn't that bad. it will take you about an hour of your time. my buddy makes tonic syrup all the time for his bar.
i will tell you though.. it will taste very different than what you imagine it would be

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Canada Dry and Schweppes are indeed made by the same company...I used to work in distribution.

however, they are not produced by coke , they are only distributed by then (used to be Pepsi)

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
it's like my worst fears are coming true. My favourite cocktail is becoming more and more expensive :(

I used to drink bottles upon bottles of Plymouth Gin for the longest time. Then one day I happened by the LCBO to buy a bottle only to find they repackaged it, and JACKED THE PRICE UP FROM $28.95 to $44.95

th'fuck is that?!?!?

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
it's like my worst fears are coming true. My favourite cocktail is becoming more and more expensive :(

I used to drink bottles upon bottles of Plymouth Gin for the longest time. Then one day I happened by the LCBO to buy a bottle only to find they repackaged it, and JACKED THE PRICE UP FROM $28.95 to $44.95

th'fuck is that?!?!?
Sort of similar to how my Angostura 1919 rum used to be $31.95 and has now gone up to $41.95. wtf.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter

th'fuck is that?!?!?
Go for Citadelle instead. It's destroys plymouth in flavor .. and only 33.

Even Brookers is better then plymouth, imo