• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ATTN: Anyone who used to skate (this is unreal!!!)

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
video's a bit slow loading, but I've already seen half of it, and that's more than enough.

that guy is:

A) fucking bad ass
B) inspirational
C) better than I ever was, and I skated pretty hard for like six years....with legs.

scott

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
video's a bit slow loading, but I've already seen half of it, and that's more than enough.

that guy is:

A) fucking bad ass
B) inspirational
C) better than I ever was, and I skated pretty hard for like six years....with legs.
Exactly what I thought. I spent most of high school skating and as you said, with legs....and I couldn't hold a candle to this dude.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Seen it a few days ago, but it's still sick to watch.

Fuck, I've been skating for almost 8 years and I still can't do half that shit.
Man has skill and is totally inspirational.

What I do want to know is what exactly is wrong with his legs? I mean, they're there, they're just like, looked tucked in or something. Just curious. nvmd ^^^ that answers my question

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
salad said:
Why are all skateboarding videos filmed with a fish-eye lens?

Gives more dimension imho. Regular lenses make the tricks look very flat sometimes, whereas with the fish-eye it condenses the shot and forces you to focus on the trick

Dunno if this is really why it's done, but I love it

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
That is nuts.

P.S - I love how the thread title was for people who used to skate....showing the TRIBE age off there..as in no way anyone skates anymore. Sad, but probably true..though I keep telling myself I will buy a deck this summer it is more than likely wishful thinking.

Stan

TRIBE Member
That's pretty fucking cool. Plus, the fact that he's gripping the board with his fingers means he might even be able to pull of tricks that other people can't.

scott

TRIBE Member
TheRunningBoard said:
That is nuts.

P.S - I love how the thread title was for people who used to skate....showing the TRIBE age off there..as in no way anyone skates anymore. Sad, but probably true..though I keep telling myself I will buy a deck this summer it is more than likely wishful thinking.
I do the same thing man. I often think of the summers of drinking every night and skating all day with not a care in the world. Best times of my life I think.

Always start at Bay & Wellesley, hit "logs" and McDonald Block...then continue down Bay and end up at Roy Thompson hall for those elevate marble gaps.

Ahhh....those were the days....

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
scott said:
I do the same thing man. I often think of the summers of drinking every night and skating all day with not a care in the world. Best times of my life I think.

Always start at Bay & Wellesley, hit "logs" and McDonald Block...then continue down Bay and end up at Roy Thompson hall for those elevate marble gaps.

Ahhh....those were the days....
I still have video somewhere of me and the guys I used to skate with at the Manulife plaza/Roy Thompson and at the CBC before they skateproofed a bunch of it. Boneless of the ledge to kickflip to nollie shuvit and onto my face, it was awesome.

I skate now and for 2 days afterwards I wanna die.

scott

TRIBE Member
haha

we had a video of when we were like 15 trying to ollie to water gap at the north york civic centre. like 2 or 3 of us lost our boards to that stupid water gap.

i was there over the weekend walking by and the water gap no longer exists.

rip you piece of shit water gap.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
That's like the fountain in downtown Gueph. I watched so many people lose their boards to the fountain and just as many catch the edge wrong and split their lips or eyebrows open. The best was when soap would get dumped into the fountain and they'd have to fish around for the board cuz you couldn't see any water.

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
Amy_J said:
That's like the fountain in downtown Gueph. I watched so many people lose their boards to the fountain and just as many catch the edge wrong and split their lips or eyebrows open. The best was when soap would get dumped into the fountain and they'd have to fish around for the board cuz you couldn't see any water.
That fountain had many a funny moments including random foamings. I once saw a drunk as shit guy in the fountain, and a cop trying to get him out. The cop did not want to get in the water, but the guy refused to get out.

"Get out of the fountain!"
"No!"

Went on for at least 20 minutes....finally the cop sucked it up, and got wet.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
TheRunningBoard said:
That fountain had many a funny moments including random foamings. I once saw a drunk as shit guy in the fountain, and a cop trying to get him out. The cop did not want to get in the water, but the guy refused to get out.

"Get out of the fountain!"
"No!"

Went on for at least 20 minutes....finally the cop sucked it up, and got wet.

hahahaha I have so many stories it's not even funny.
I've fallen in many times drunk as fuck, pushed people in, threw stuff in cuz the 'preachers' were pissing me off and not listening to my valid arguments to their "truths"(I'm going to hell I know)

The best was when my friend stole Mo-the-hot-dog-guy's huge condiment containers, ran into the fountain half naked and dumped mustard and ketchup all over himself then ran for his life from Mo. He did this all for $10 that we had accumulated from various poor-as-fuck skaters.

Another time round halloween we grabbed pumpkins on our way downtown and one of the guys I was with climbed up the statue and put a pumpkin on top of the babies haed. It stayed there for almost a full day before city workers took it off.

zoo

TRIBE Member
awesome video, thanks!

also i miss what little skating i did in highschool :/ i was always proud of the scabs on my elbows :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders