1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Attention cubicle dwellers! Social Sentry may be watching you....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Mar 30, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

2. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

At my old work, we have a central computer where you can flip between screens to see what people are doing in real time. Emails were the best. Lots of hot photos and Craigslist sex stuff. It was FASCINATING.
  3. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

to my knowledge, we use nothing like that at all here.

its awesome !!!!

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

can they track ma tribings?
  5. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so, however I am going to talk to some other large site admins to see if it is something we ought to worry about.
  6. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

They can track anything if they really want to. A typical firewall can show all the sites being visited and by which person (via the IP address). Modern firewalls can even log your IM sessions such as MSN/Yahoo/GoogleTalk. My own personal, linux firewall at home (Smoothwall) has this feature built it. It's kinda scary thinking that if I can do this at home, what's to stop them from doing it at work. I've already warned people at work to watch what they say in IM.

7. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Internet via cellphone: the next office slacker work-around
  8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

they did this all the time when I was working for a data call center.

E-Mailing screens of people chatting with their girlfriends with huge painted words like, you know. your toast if I see this again.

I think we figured out though which processes to kill in the task manager. ha.
  9. erika

erika TRIBE Member

they've replaced our msn here with spark, that we can only use to communicate internally :( (not to mention I can't use all my great emoticons).