• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

atp - fringe theory 02 - melodic techno

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I have been inspired lately.

The mix starts off in the minimal and melodic domain, with a subdued tempo so that the bass lines (which were chosen for their depth) are drawn out and help create atmosphere. It moves up slightly in BPMs mid-mix and pushes into deeper and more rhythm-heavy melodies that are borderline progressive.

The theme in this mix is definitely "melody", but as usual, I'm trying to explore certain sounds that live out on the fringe of popular techno or EDM. The tracks themselves aren't necessarily obscure, but you won't often find them together like this (or at least, that is my intent).

Album Art

Links
Tracklisting
atp - fringe theory 02 (encoded with LAME, VBR --alt-preset extreme)

I think that some of you into trance, progressive and deep house will appreciate parts of this mix, in addition to those who aren't too picky about their techno ;) ... I am grateful for any feedback you might have. :)

-keith

jw

TRIBE Member
grabbing this. thanks for posting

Haven't heard Analogue Bubble bath for quite a few years now.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

voytek

TRIBE Member
ha! i just did it with these tunes in the background. i thank you sir for enhancing my already overall well rounded performance. hehe...

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Thanks everyone. Comments and criticism are always welcome. As for Underworld, I have a hard time not including them in my mixes, given their influence on my early years of EDM listening. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders