• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

ascention 13

joey

TRIBE Member
GHETTO!!!!!

Jon the Dentist starts his set like 2 hours late then he only spins for a hour
or so?
Plus there were no real new tracks from him.....

Speaker Phreaker doesn't show at all, they did know this in advance though as he wasn't on any schedules...
that sucked

Atlantis was a nice place to party ....
BUT
$6 import beer
$6.25 mike's hard
$5 for a can of beer
$7.75 for a rev!!
made it pretty ghetto again...

was it just me or where there alot of sketch pads about?

oh well, I did see alot of old friends so it does get a bonus there...

I know alot of other people thought it was really good though but for 13 was a touch unlucky

Trini

TRIBE Member
I hear ya !!

Had a great time till OS/2 came on. He played a very mellow set that didn't help the fact that Jon the Dentist was late.

The DJ set before him was superb tho. I don't know who they were but they were playing some really good acid trance/ NRG.

Left early cuz my gf got sick. Missed all of Jon's set.

5 bux for a can of beer??
ouch

men's washrooms were out of order for most of the night too.

Good vibe but I left on a sour note.

Trini

Mortyman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Trini:
I hear ya !!

Had a great time till OS/2 came on. He played a very mellow set that didn't help the fact that Jon the Dentist was late.

The DJ set before him was superb tho. I don't know who they were but they were playing some really good acid trance/ NRG.

Trini
I heard Jon the Dentist was late because of the roads, which was totally understandable! OS/2 was great, you have to remember that he had to spin longer than expected, so yeah, he couldn't play all awesome stuff, but he spun a killer set.
As for who was on before him, it was S4 vs. Indica. Too bad you had to leave early, Dr. Trance spun the best set. He played to best of 2000. People who were sitting along the walls got up to dance for him, it was amazing.

All in all, not a bad party, too many people on the dance floor though, no room whatsoever to dance, it was pretty packed everywhere. And yeah, the drinks cost way too much!!!

joey

TRIBE Member
nope...

he was thought he would take a nap at his hotel so he would be rested for his set.
Silly bloke didn't set an alarm or order a wake up call....

I heared the guys bathroom was flooded

starlit

TRIBE Member
My view on this party is a little confused
It was a weak party in comparison to the prior parties, such an unfortunate way to bang out the year.
The good was so many familiar faces and so many of the great folks from Guelph

On an aside, boys...was there and attendant wanna be in the washroom? A freind told me when he went someone was handing out paper towels and helping people wash thier hands.

Despite my confusion about the party I still had a good time and will allways go to the next one

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
well

I am always the one that praises Ascension events.
I had yet to be to one that I didnt enjoy.

Friday was a different story however.

I cant believe that noone has mentioned just how bad security was! I got hassled at the gate because I asked where you got wristbands from...buddy was all "Dont get smartass with me you little shit" and let three people go in ahead of me
My friend got thrown out for apologizing to one of them near the washroom after he was bumped into
Holy Fuck
Usually security is excellent at these events.. I dont know who Atlantis's new secret service police are but....

As for the music
S4 vs Indica was AMAZING!!...even though I missed most of the set due to Rev consumption in the lounge

OS/2: I found to be a little to clubby for my liking.....and I found he also threw down to many "anthems" for my liking.
I dont know when the last time I heard a track at a part and went "OMG what is this"
but I miss that!
we bounced at around 3:30

I couldve sworn JTD was on at this time? It sounded like the same set he threw down in Sauble Beach that had every ATB fan swaying

In other words very clubby...

It was nice to meet Molnia and good to hang with ma girl though......cheers to both of you!!

Bill

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
hmm... I would have really liked to see S4 vs Indica if I could have made it that night.

I dunno about Jon the Dentist though... A couple of years ago I bought one of his tracks, and it was good. Then I bought another, it was good, but sounded a lot like the first.
Since then every single track that I've seen his name on sounds exactly the same. Same beat, same breakdown, same fucking melody with the exception of one note played differently.

Oh well, I'll probably be there for the next one.

Pete

Mortyman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah:
well

I cant believe that noone has mentioned just how bad security was! I got hassled at the gate because I asked where you got wristbands from...buddy was all "Dont get smartass with me you little shit" and let three people go in ahead of me
My friend got thrown out for apologizing to one of them near the washroom after he was bumped into
Holy Fuck
Bill
I hear ya, that was one bad thing. I was coming down the stairs from the lounge... you know the stairway that leads back to the front door, well, security was like, where the fuck are you going, your not allowed to go up there. I just turned to the guy and said we're fucking coming down from there, the guys upstairs said we can come down this way, and as I walked away I yelled back "Fuckin' power trippin' already" I was with about 5 other guys, they started laughing as they walked passed security. They didn't do shit, but I know it pissed them off to know that they were wrong.
They were assholes!!!

Kris