• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

arizona cardinals

juice

TRIBE Member
That was pretty fucked ... taking away Minnesota's playoffs and also their own #1 pick. They play for pride I guess.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
Can you believe what happened last night?
I was just thinking how goddam unbelievable that was.....Packers vs. Denver, and Minny playin' Arizona, at the same time.

The Packers HAD to win, and minny to lose, for Green Bay to advance to the playoffs.

Cardinals get the TD, then try the onside kick.....they recover. 3rd down, the QB fumbles the ball....they recover.

Last play of the game, no time on the clock, TD pass into the endzone....but wait, were his feet in bounds?

Video replay.

It's a touchdown.

Green Bay advances to the playoffs, Minny's out.

kuba

TRIBE Member
In cred i ble. SO who gets the #1 pick now? Atlanta?

I didnt see what happened yet, but I was watching the Packers game and basically my hopes were deflated when he said they were going for the onside kick.

My question is: Why would they continue to show a 31-3 game when clearly the more exciting game was in Arizona? (Well, I answered my own question.. cuz zona and minny are NFC teams)

but, seriously. The Viking will forever go down in my books as the biggest bunch of losers. From a 6-0 start to THIS!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
The Viking will forever go down in my books as the biggest bunch of losers. From a 6-0 start to THIS!
Even worse than the Bills losing 4 Super Bowls in a row?

And I swear I saw Culpepper shed a tear during the post game interview...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
That fucking game costed me an all expenses trip to "Diamonds" My roomie had a big parlay setup...and all the Vikings had to do was win by like 7. Fawkers!

(I hope Detroit gets the 1st pick....the Lions won 5 games!!!)

kuba

TRIBE Member
Yeah, the Bills losing four in a row was bad. But back then did they really have a chance vs. the superior NFC?

The Vikings, on the other hand, went 15-1 a few years back to lose to the dirty birds.

They also lost 3 or 4 SBs in a row in the 70s AND NOW they lost to the CARDS on the last play of the game.

so I'd say both are equally gigantic losers.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
That fucking game costed me an all expenses trip to "Diamonds" My roomie had a big parlay setup...and all the Vikings had to do was win by like 7. Fawkers!

lol. i had the same problem last week with New Orleans. :p

missing that fucking kick at the end after those 43 laterals. UGH.

I would've been in Vegas right now.

lesigh

nate

TRIBE Member
the packers are one of the hottest teams these days, and if you never believed in 'football' gods, well you should now, things are meant to be, and if you have to play brett favre, especially at lambeau, you are in trouble.

packers to the promised land!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Katman

TRIBE Member
Just a quick note of recoginition for Oakville's own Mike Vanderjak...

Kicked the game winning field goal with no time left, finished the regular season without missing a single FG attempt and set an NFL record for most number of consecutive FGs made (41 and counting).

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Arizona is now my second favourite team... After the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Best Christmas present EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Pack Go!!!!

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: arizona cardinals

Originally posted by MC Bias
I was just thinking how goddam unbelievable that was.....Packers vs. Denver, and Minny playin' Arizona, at the same time.

The Packers HAD to win, and minny to lose, for Green Bay to advance to the playoffs.
actually GB was in with a win regardless of the Minny game- they wouldn't have won the division but they would have been the wildcard. Minny's loss put Seattle in and GB with the NFC North.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
On a side note, I'm happy my Steelers didn't let lewis beat Dickerson's Rushing record :) :) :) Who cares that they lost,the game was about lewis.

He came within 40 yards, he needed 154 total yards to beat the record.In the first quarter he ran for 73 yards,everybody thought he was going to do it. Naaaaaah the steel curtain finally showed up,it was sent to the wrong airport,it arrived just in time for the second quarter.

He only ran for 2 yards in the 2nd quarter hahahaha

Lewis didn't look very happy in OT when they threw the ball.

Madox has to go,he's become another Stewart.What a fuckin moron, doesn't he see dark colour sweaters covering his receiver's?

He still throws the fuckin ball to them.3 int.

Over all it was a pretty good game,that didn't mean anything,lots of hard hits.Porter mouthing off to Ray Lewis at the beginning of the game.lol

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
^^^^
apparently I was wrong - which baffles me considering Sat nite they said Seattle now needed a Minn loss or a Green Bay loss to get in.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
it would be favre's uncanny ability to perform under pressure that would take them there....
This year Favre has been pretty good, but they wouldn't be in the playoffs with out Ahman Green. He's been their MVP all season long. Yesterdays game he owned that second string Bronco's team that took the field. Not the team you want to play in the playoffs this year. Very unpredictable.

Not only was that Bronco's game the only game on tv(digital cable included) but the Broncos held out 6 offensive starters. That game was fucking pathetic. The NFL is losing a whole lot of fans over this regional tv issue. Even if you have that NFL Sunday Ticket package you get screwed by late games. I still can't believe that that game was televised last night. What a fucking joke.

Minny lost to 4 teams that wound up with a 4 - 12 record this season. Just like the Chiefs. Great offense, useless D. So sad. I am pained to watch the Chiefs in 2 weeks. No D, no Superbowl glee.

Cinci, poor Cinci. So close.

I can't believe that the Seahawks got in. How fucked up is that business? How do the Rams play like that when homefield is there's for the taking?

Who wants to face Baltimore? *shudder*

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
^^^very well said, i agree with all points, except I have NO sympathy for the bungles...if you can't beat the browns in the final week to get in to the playoffs, you don't deserve to be there, and they are more talented than other teams who made it (i.e., Dallas, who will lose in the first week anyway)

and I agree about Baltimore, the only team I think that can beat New England in Foxborough

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Don't worry about Balitmore,Pittsburgh can make anybody look good.If the Steelers corners can cover their receivers?

Anybody can.They'll be gone in the first week.

Madox is a fuckin idiot he made their corners look great.Lets see what Baltimore can do agaisnt a real passing team.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
No sympathy for the Bengals either. We played shit in the biggest game of the season. Kitna reverted to his old school bumbling self.

Still, Marvin "Black Jesus" Lewis did wonders in his first year. Now time to turn over the rest of the roster and take the AFC North next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Philly or Baltimore / KC take it. Please don't let New England win either.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i love minnesota

always have always will

i am still trying to stomach this loss

my other 2 fav teams are the jets and the saints

so i guess none of my teams made the playoffs.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize
i love minnesota...always have always will...i am still trying to stomach this loss
So is this loss harder to take than the missed field goal from the 15 -1 squad? Or is this just a well placed kick to the other nut that was missed the last time?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fleaflo
So is this loss harder to take than the missed field goal from the 15 -1 squad? Or is this just a well placed kick to the other nut that was missed the last time?
to be honest being a minnesota fan i am used to dissapointment

so it's just a kick to the other nut

:)