• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Aril Brikha, Stacy Pullen, Kevin Reynolds...?

Winick

TRIBE Member
How long overdue are these guys? Thoughts? Discussion? Who's dying to see them live? Aril's set last year Fuse In was off the hook!

seeker

TRIBE Member
Indeed. I listened to Aril's set repeatedly last summer. Stacey Pullen is another DJ I've kicked myself for missing a few times.

Of course, I never get out any more, so my contribution is limited. :(

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Aril's set at Fukhouse a few years ago was awesome.
Stacey Pullen....I've seen him a few times and he has been good each time.
I'd go.

dtox

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't pay to see Stacey again, 'less I could possibly preview what he was going to play...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I have fond memories of Stacy playing @ surface in 2004 I guess it was - what a set. Haven't heard him since then.

JK

TRIBE Promoter
I've seen Stacey at least 5 times -- and when he's on it's next level (especially at the 2nd DEMF) but to be honest the last 2 times I've seen him in Toronto (both over a year ago) he's dropped some pretty questionable music -- almost progressive house at times -- thats stopped me on the floor...
I'd still probably get sucked into checking him out again if the venue was right...

Aril has been great both times I've seen him (but the sets were very similar)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Winick said:
How long overdue are these guys? Thoughts? Discussion? Who's dying to see them live? Aril's set last year Fuse In was off the hook!
i'd say aril is overdue,though his latest release 'pray for peace' on musicman was pretty trancey-pantsy IMHO.

stacey pullen...meh.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Phat Albert

TRIBE Member
Bean said:
in to the deed!
It was indeed. I remember him dropping his rendition of The Bells at that party.

Agreed, Prey for Peace was very trancy. I heard him play last year at Francois K's Deep Space night and it was just deep, synthy techno. :) He's playing a live set at Francois K's Deep Space night again April 24th. :)

gasper

TRIBE Member
I saw Aril Brikha last August in Tokyo and he was amazing. Pullen at DEMF 2 was memorable too. These two at the same party in the TDot is worth checking out for sure.

Winick

TRIBE Member
FYI I just heard that Aril Brikha doesn't dj. Neither does Kevin Reynolds. They are both playing live!! Believe me, this will be a GOOD THING.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
yeah i will be there - not to stoked on stacey pullen - but i am always impressed with Aril's live sets even if he is a bit creepy

erk

TRIBE Member
I didn't head to the party since I was enjoying Tempo, however there appears to be another chance
This one is closer to home and perhaps a little earlier for the old folk like me. ;)

Par- T

TRIBE Member
Aril is awesome, last night he had me excatly where I expected to be - up front lost in the music dancin' my butt off non-stop! Bliss, total bliss I say!

What's with these long stretches between visits? - 3/4 yrs since Fukhouse and another 3/4 years prior at the Ritual party, way, way too long.

Look for me upfront tonight for the encore

-T