1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Area Code 113

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kaniz, Oct 13, 2005.

1. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Ok, this is really starting to get on my nerves - the past few days, I've been getting a number of calls comming from area code 113, however the rest of the phone # is different.

113-082-0096
    113-082-0095
    113-982-1500

Its starting to drive me a bit batty, I've called Telus to see if I can just out-right block an area code, but they say that they cant.

any idea if there is anything I can do about this?

2. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

Looks like telemarketers.

all you can do is ignore them, and use call-block for the numbers that you have received.

3. Rataxès

Rataxès TRIBE Member

113 is not a valid area code...looks like someone is sending bogus CLI info. Probably a telemarketer. If you find them, shoot them.

4. alma

alma TRIBE Member

could it be a call from the UK? 113 is the Leeds area code. Did a uni exchange yr there.

5. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

have you, um, answered it?

6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

at my work, we use 113 as a precursor for speed-dial codes.

7. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

googled it, it's a fake/spoofed ID telemarketers are using

seems to be just those 3 numbers calling, I answered once by mistake, which was the death wish me thinks.

how do you do call blocking on a telus phone? do they charge yuo extra # for it?