• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Are your water pipes frozen?

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Our hot water was frozen in the kitchen the other day... now we're leaving cupboard doors open at night and aiming a little heater in there.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Mine are frozen too. We have a heater pointed at the pipes but no luck. :(

Our dishes are piled sky-high, it's actually pretty gross!

zoo

TRIBE Member
we got our heater cranked above 20degC pretty much 24/7 to prevent this

although our gas bill for last month was $260

fucking bastards at union energy

echootje

TRIBE Member
It's a house, 1 apartment upstairs and downstairs.

I don't give a amn about dishes, I want a shower! I'm going to go to my Gym soz I can do that.

Rob

Alita

TRIBE Member
Yep I just woke up to this...

me and my dad are using a hairdryer to try and thaw them out - no luck so far :(

The plumbers of the city are gonna have a heyday today

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
yep everyones pipes in here have been frozen on and off for the past week - yesterday we lost our hot water and cold and toilet stopped working - we are lucky we have 2 washrooms and 3 toilest and a urinal are we would really be having some problems.

Last night we finally got our hot water back so we made sure to keep our faucits open a little bit all night so it would prevent freezing again.

futronic

TRIBE Member
A good way to keep the pipes from freezing is to leave the faucets on just a trickle. Sure you're wasting a bit of water, but it's better than pipes freezing/bursting.

-- Jay aka Fut

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
we are lucky we have 2 washrooms and 3 toilest and a urinal are we would really be having some problems.

You have a urinal in your house? People do that? Or do you mean a bidet?:)

The Kid

TRIBE Member
My hot water was out yesterday morning... back on last night by the time I got home from work though...

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
A good way to keep the pipes from freezing is to leave the faucets on just a trickle. Sure you're wasting a bit of water, but it's better than pipes freezing/bursting.
Yep - definetely great advice.

Also open cabinet doors that are in front of pipes, so that heat from the room can reach them more readily.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic

-- Jay aka Fut
this is what my parents had to do all last winter. it does work. plus the hairdryer thing too.

:)sarah

Alita

TRIBE Member
It's normal temperature inside our house

"Old man winter is finally here with ice, snow and below normal temperatures. Temperatures are expected to drop to minus 19 degrees Celsius overnight, which could cause water pipes to freeze in some homes.

With the recent cold snap this past weekend, the City of Toronto's Customer Service hotline received more than 900 calls from residents complaining about frozen water pipes or having no water. After City staff completed their investigations, it was discovered that most of the pipes were frozen inside residents' homes -- not at the City-owned portion. The City's water supply pipes are not at risk because frost is not deep enough in the ground at this time. Residential water pipes were freezing because they were exposed to cold air. The key areas for frozen pipes appear to be outdoor plumbing against a concrete wall, plumbing in the basement against concrete block walls that were exposed to cold winds, or uninsulated pipes in the home that had a wall or paneling built around them due to a recent renovation ."

Link: http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsrel.nsf/0/c08d24c63270ff2e85256e1a006a2640?OpenDocument

kmac

TRIBE Member
My pipes froze on the weekend so now we have one faucet that's always on. The trickling sound is annoying as all hell, but less annoying than having to go to Zeller's to use the bathroom.