• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Are you thawed out from Harvest 2014 yet?

Beings

TRIBE Member
My terrible review:

We had plans we couldn’t skip for Friday night, so only arrived on Saturday around 6pm. At that point the sky was starting to clear up, and was actually sunny. But as we were driving through a LOT of rain, and it was late and cold, and we were beat from night before and were considering to turn the car around and go home. Got to harvest, lucked out with a sweet parking spot, went for a walk around to see the state of affairs. Met a bunch of people we know and don’t know, most people were in a very happy mood. Which was a plus, as based on FB posts I thought everyone would be a debbie downer due to weather. Was fun to see way more people dressed up in wacky outfits compared to eclipse this year. Finally tried the soup this year lol (yummy, but could be more spicy!).

Sad to see the spaceship tent be torn up by wind, they did a good job doing the temp tent though. The temperature didn’t drop too bad on Saturday night, was muddy as hell though (but not in the stages!).

Overall I liked the music better this year and last year was our first harvest and I absolutely loved it. We spent most of the time in Crystal6 tent this year, (last year we mostly were in the pyramid/crash). My highlight of the night was “this is my machinery” or something akin to that in German vocals, accompanied with bunch of machine noises. Anyone know the name? Played somewhere between 2-4am, in crystal6 tent.

Random Things of note:
-A friend of a friend’s tent was quickly entered, someone yanked the bag, looked through all their stuff, didn’t take anything as there was nothing of value, and threw bag in the woods. Just a heads up to leave valuables in the car for any festival.
-To the persons giving away candies and fortune cookies, THANK YOU!! Unexpected and nice.
-Too bad no zero gravity swing tent this year :(

Overall we had a blast, and had a much better time than we were expecting to have. Thank you organizers!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Cold wasn't too bad actually was just the rain! Muddiest Harvest I've ever been to and the rubber boots i had brought in years past and not worn were absolutely necessary all weekend!

Due to bad weather friday night we essentially just slept all night and all day saturday with the rythmic pattern of rain on the tent soothing us as we slumbered...

Sat night was the night and we were certainly impressed with Pullen/Farris in Crystal 6.

I really wanted to make it through Osunlade's set but Aquatic Mind actually laid down a set before Osunlade that was right up my alley and what I was feeling - a slower, melodic house set that was a perfect pace for 8-9 in the morning.

By the time Osunlade was starting and taking us through his musical journey I realized I had completely drained the tank and couldn't do much more than pass out!

Another successful Harvest - and much better than I was thinking it was gonna be earlier on Saturday.

Didn't run into your Sal De ban - I was wearing a "Science - It Works!" shirt for most of the night if you saw some dude bouncing around in Crystal 6 with a shirt like that on... ;)

Thunder

TRIBE Member
Rain sucks but Pirates are used to a bit of bad weather on the high seas, Yaaaaar! More to come later once I recover.

nonlocal

TRIBE Member
Mudfuck!

We got in Friday and I danced a lot more (and later) than I expected around the heads and in the Thermodome well past dawn, so I was actually half-thankful for the rain on Saturday as it gave me an excuse to stay curled up in my tent and recuperate more than I otherwise might have.

Praktik I gave you a high five for your shirt at some point as I was wandering around Saturday but didn't stop to talk-- wish I had now.

Crystal 6 was super-impressive on Saturday night. Sound everywhere was very good. Who needs clubs when we have tents?

The mud was exhausting by the time all was said and done but still... Great time...

seeker

TRIBE Member
Number Nine. Danced in all 4 music areas, plus around the Heads on Friday. Talked shit around several fires ("You ate a potato *and* the acid?! OMG you shouldn't mix that shit!"). Stayed warm and dry thanks to careful planning and observation of the weather forecast. Took the requisite amount of time to put the pieces back together in the Temporary Autonomous Car Chillout Zone. Helped push some stuck drivers out of the mud.

All in all, Harvest was a great success. I can confidently face the next 50 weeks of non-Harvest time with a renewed sense of faith in myself and humanity.

Happy Harvest!

aki

TRIBE Promoter
My highlight of the night was “this is my machinery” or something akin to that in German vocals, accompanied with bunch of machine noises. Anyone know the name? Played somewhere between 2-4am, in crystal6 tent.
I think you're referring to Marc Romboy's first track which, in my state of mind at the time, floored me. Haha...I was trying to figure out the vocal and thought it was saying something like "20 hertz" in German (zwanzig hertzen) followed by those squeeling machine noises. Totally blew me away. I've been trying to find it and asking around with no luck :(

Beings

TRIBE Member
So it was Marc Romboy! Danke! Wonder if he would respond to an email. It is funny that you and I liked it so much, it freaked out my girlfriend, and she ran out of the tent hahaha :D

We were very sober at the time of course.

seeker

TRIBE Member
It took me a bit to clue in to what you guys were discussing. I think it might be "Ich Bin Meine Maschine" by Atom(tm)

if it is, the whole "HD" album is worth checking out. \m/

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Anyone know if anything was recorded ? Would love to have Ali Black -> Marc Romboy !

Track id from either Pullen or Romboy (not quite sure what time I wondered back over from the Psy tent), but it had the "left right". You guys are good at this game :)

Jay

Beings

TRIBE Member
seeker, yup that is it, thank you. I owe you a beer. Still want to get the set from the night, as what I remember was slightly different mix, but that is def the original.

Not sure how often you go out, but if you will be at promise Halloween or Digweed pm me, a pint is on me.

PS. If anyone cares I was the guy in Pikachu onsie (cheap ebay knockoff, a lot of people thought I was a banana peel lol)

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Good times

But maybe my last Harvest

I've done 4 Harvests (2007, 2008, 2013, 2014) and I think that's enough.

+ Three solid sets that featured drum & bass by Red Lion, Rick Toxic and Spyne. Toxic's set was especially a favorite, d&b is pretty rare at Harvest and that set was fantastic.
+ 40hz system in the Pyramid
+ Crystal 6 was awesome.
+ Awesome laser setups, especially over the pond
+ Typical Harvest crowd of smiling happy people who are positive despite the weather
+ we camped with a big group of friends for the first time, some of them brought a shade structure which was sooooo key during the rain.

- the weather was shit. like seriously fucking shit. maybe the worst weather out of the 4 harvest's I've gone to. it rained from midnight on friday until about 3pm on Saturday. So like 15 hours of solid raining over a barely 2 (full) day festival is a lot of time raining. It was a bummer. It created a FUCKTON of mud. It was cold, Harvest is always cold. But this year it was cold during the daytime on Friday, Sat and Sunday even. Last year at least there was a nice 17 and sunny sat afternoon, not this year.

So I think I might be done with Harvest. Going to something 4 times - it gets a bit predictable after a while. Still have an immense respect for the organizers and the fucktons of hard work it goes to put on the festival. The music, by and large, isn't really my thing. I'm not that into psy or house or the dub/reggae stuff.

seeker

TRIBE Member
seeker, yup that is it, thank you. I owe you a beer. Still want to get the set from the night, as what I remember was slightly different mix, but that is def the original.

Not sure how often you go out, but if you will be at promise Halloween or Digweed pm me, a pint is on me.

PS. If anyone cares I was the guy in Pikachu onsie (cheap ebay knockoff, a lot of people thought I was a banana peel lol)
Cheers Beings, I'm happy to help. I get out about once a year, usually to Harvest. :) I appreciate the offer though, and when we cross paths next year I'll take you up on it!