• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are you an Eat and Run type of person?

stryker

TRIBE Member
I am.
I'm the type of person that likes to have my meal ordered right away. Then I eat, finish my pepsi (cuz I don't drink booze when I eat), get my bill, pay it and then get the hell out. This is all done in a fairly short space of time.
Others like to sit around for a long time and chat and then order and then take forever to eat and then sit around for even longer and then get the bill and then wait even longer to pay the bill before they leave.

Which type are you?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cri

TRIBE Member
it depends who you're with..but from working in a restaurant -->

i find that women take WAY longer to eat and prefer to sit around chatting forEVER..

men, sometimes eat slowly..but don't usually stay around to chat.

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cri
it depends who you're with..but from working in a restaurant -->

i find that women take WAY longer to eat and prefer to sit around chatting forEVER..

men, sometimes eat slowly..but don't usually stay around to chat.
yeah, this is what i found when I used to be a waiter.

vinder

TRIBE Member
i disagree OTIS, food is something that can and should be enjoyed. a finely cooked meal is not something to inhale, but something to savour. taking your time, and enjoying all the little things that go on while having a meal (conversation with whomever you are eating). it's an experience best shared, and usually if it is being shared, it will take longer then just scarfing your meal down.

granted, fast food has it's time and place. you're hungry, just want to eat and get back to whatever you're doing.

mingster

TRIBE Member
i like food. i like enjoying it as an experience with other people.

sometimes i like to take my time, it becomes an affair, instead of just eating. also, lots of family time revolves around eating, in many cultures. food is about way more than just refueling. hey, the rest of the non-anglo world can't be wrong. :p

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
to me it depends - sometimes I like to chat enjoy a drink, some appetizers and then eat slow - enjoying my meal but their are other times I like to eat fast and get on with what it is I wanna do

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I enjoy going out to dinner with friends and sitting enjoying good food and conversation. when it comes to fast food though...it tends to be quite different.

JMan

TRIBE Member
I agree with OTIS and Vinder... I think when choosing the food, it should be viewed as fuel, but when consuming food, it should be savored.

J

stryker

TRIBE Member
One of the girls I used to work with in London got offended the first time a few of us went to the pub for lunch. I'm a firm believer in the "Can't talk-I'm Eating" philosophy. It was pretty funny when later on she told me that she thought that I had a problem with her cuz i wasn't all "chatty" at lunch that day.
I prefer to just focus on eating and then if it's a social situation i'll socialize afterwards. For the most part if I go to a pub or a diner or something for lunch or breakfast I don't want to converse I just want to eat and then leave.
One of the people I work with now likes to have company at lunch and used to ask all the time me if I wanted to get a slice or a hot dog or something. I'm not trying to be rude to the guy or anything but, I like my lunchhour to be spent in solitude with a book or a paper and some food.

Maybe I'm just weird.
Stew

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker

One of the people I work with now likes to have company at lunch and used to ask all the time me if I wanted to get a slice or a hot dog or something. I'm not trying to be rude to the guy or anything but, I like my lunchhour to be spent in solitude with a book or a paper and some food.

I'm totally this way at work.

I can go either way as far as at a restaurant. I am a fan of the in/out but can also enjoy a lingering meal. Hunger level, company present, etc are all factors.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
totally. I very rarely sit down to eat , usually do so while doing something else

I'm the same way... I've been meaning to get into the habit of just sitting and savoring the food though without any distractions. Damn TV.

Cri

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension
I thought this was a thread about dine and dash

heh I don't think people would advertise if they did that..cuz those people know they suck!@

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
I love long leiserurily meals especially with good conversation. I think it is something you just grow into as you get older. My Parents throw dinner parties like that alot where dinner sometimes ends up being 3-4 hours long. I like that meals can be more of a social experience, i think its more of a european thing. But hey, if its after the bar and I'm hungry, I can scarf down a hot dog pretty fast without much talking.

~J*Bunny~

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
we'll go with this.
unless it's one of your meals then I savour every last bite of it.

and then I run screaming to the toilet to spit out the roaches j/k:p
you know I love your food :)