• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...are you addicted?...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
what is an addiction?

what is the difference between a positive addiction and a negative addiction?

what are you addicted to?

what was the last addiction you successfully conquered?

- that add1ct3d to people guy
Kiffa.gif

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday, but I am still addicted to the weed. But that is something I am trying to give up as well.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
I'm a dickhead.

and you respond to threads as if you're hardwired to an instant messenger app. real time postmod you are...spend much time on the intarweb timo? ;) how 'bout reading the questions i posted and sharing your answers to them?

what is an addiction?

if you already answered those questions with this post:

originally posted by realtimetimo

1) Hobby
2) Habit
3) Addiction

...then can you please explain them to me. cause i'm a bit confused. an addiction is a hobby? the difference between a pos and neg addiction is habit? you are addicted to addiction?

pese and breakbeatz

- that curious guy :cool:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i was addicted to halls honey lemon for most of high school. if i didn't have at least a pack a day i would go nuts. that is the least harmful thing i've ever been addicted to.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
There's no such thing as a positive addiction.

An addiction is an activity you continue regardless of clear negative consequences:

ie- smoking even though you know its unhealthy
Getting drunk before work

Some symptoms would include rationalizing your behaviour and hiding it from friends and loved ones.

I'm not sure that its possible to "conquer" an addiction... but you can refrain from the behaviour in question.

I'm not going to list all of the things I'm addicted to... but I will say I haven't had a cigarette since Saturday

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
1) Hobby
2) Habit
3) Addiction

i think he meant this as in how an action progresses... as in it starts as a hobby ends up as an addiction... not as in the answers for questions 1 2 and 3.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by that 420 guy
what is an addiction?

- that add1ct3d to people guy
Kiffa.gif

i wasnt aware of positive addictions

i thought being addicted to something meant you couldnt go without it, and usually in exssive amounts.

if the rule we have been led to beleive is true : everything in moderation, wouldnt their be no positive addiction [ if its not a inanimate substance, and maybe people, and or music etc, thats different alltogether ]

any other good addictions that people would like to toss out on the board?

-glycht

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD
There's no such thing as a positive addiction.

An addiction is an activity you continue regardless of clear negative consequences:

ie- smoking even though you know its unhealthy
Getting drunk before work

Some symptoms would include rationalizing your behaviour and hiding it from friends and loved ones.

I'm not sure that its possible to "conquer" an addiction... but you can refrain from the behaviour in question.

I'm not going to list all of the things I'm addicted to... but I will say I haven't had a cigarette since Saturday

beat me too it :rolleyes:

-glycht

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by littlenutty
i think he meant this as in how an action progresses... as in it starts as a hobby ends up as an addiction... not as in the answers for questions 1 2 and 3.

thanks. now it makes much more sense to me. sometimes not having someone describe the answer clearly leaves it up to my vivid imagination to fill in the gaps.

cheers

- that clarica guy :cool:

noisy

TRIBE Member
what is an addiction?

requires thought. . . hurts brain . . . next question
dancing on tables to bad top 40 in remote locales
cigarettes, very recently. my new addiction is snapping at people without provocation.

I am currently also in detox for my chapstick addiction. I've been throwing my life away for too long for the bittersweet rush of Labello. *wipes tear*

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
thanks. now it makes much more sense to me. sometimes not having someone describe the answer clearly leaves it up to my vivid imagination to fill in the gaps.

cheers

- that clarica guy :cool:

anee rohtzeh latetch lah nasheeka ;) ( sp ) haha

hey normy

:D

-glycht

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i'm addicted to lip balm and neutrogena norwegian formula hand cream.
i use both of them approximately 15 times a day (no exagerration) and if i don't have either within arms reach i start to bug out.

all other things i could go without if need be.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: ~*...are you addicted?...*~

Originally posted by glych t.anomaly
any other good addictions that people would like to toss out on the board?

-glycht

i'm addicted to music. i function better when i am surrounded by it. when i don't have it, i want it. it sooths. it relaxes. it energizes.

is that negative?

- that addicted guy :cool:

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: ~*...are you addicted?...*~

Originally posted by noisy
requires thought. . . hurts brain . . . next question
hahahahahhahahahaha..... i hear that....

i'm addicted to poutine. i really am.

i've overcome an addiction to McDonalds i ate it everyday for months. now i have it once every couple months.... i'm so happy.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
well, if your addicted to physical fitness, your mind may suffer from undue stress, i think it all comes down to, if you are addicted to something that in anyway on a constant basis, is not good for you , then like the werking out, maintain health, but if you stress when ever you gain .05 of a lb, then your chances of stress induced trauma/ maybe cancer will possibly go up , who knows, but if the addictive properties of lets say music, do nothing other than help you focus, i dont see how thats a bad addiction, if it only werks as a positve agent in your life.

-glycht

Last edited:

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by glych t.anomaly
anee rohtzeh latetch lah nasheeka ;) ( sp ) haha

hey normy

-glycht

anee rhotzeh latete lerach nasheeka (cause you're a guy)

booty bitz...how am i doin on the spelling?

addicted to learning

- that normbot guy :cool:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

addicted to learning

HAHAHAHA makes too of us

i am lookig into japanese and i havent decided what else, i dont want a degree prog right now, i just want o learn languages

-glycht

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

addicted to learning

dood i guessed at spelling never having seen those werds, i almost got them, thats hilarious, i thought it was way off

-glycht

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
spelling doesn't matter! (in this particular case)

but to be honest, i only make it as far as nasheeka... i don't recognize that word.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
- kinder bueno chocolate - creamy hazelnut filling ensconced in a perfect bite of wafer covered in milk chocolate. ( I drove 30 minutes last night to get it, as there's only 1 location that sells it right now. SOOO good.)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
- kinder bueno chocolate - creamy hazelnut filling ensconced in a perfect bite of wafer covered in milk chocolate. ( I drove 30 minutes last night to get it, as there's only 1 location that sells it right now. SOOO good.)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

madrios! ( sp ) :D

-glycht

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
taken from merriam-webster online

Main Entry: ad·dict
Pronunciation: &-'dikt
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin addictus, past participle of addicere to favor, from ad- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION

1 : to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively <addicted to gambling>
2 : to cause addiction to a substance in

Main Entry: ad·dic·tion
Pronunciation: &-'dik-sh&n, a-
Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being addicted <addiction to reading>
2 : compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

- that cut and paste guy :cool:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
taken from merriam-webster online

Main Entry: ad·dict
Pronunciation: &-'dikt
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin addictus, past participle of addicere to favor, from ad- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION

1 : to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively <addicted to gambling>
2 : to cause addiction to a substance in

Main Entry: ad·dic·tion
Pronunciation: &-'dik-sh&n, a-
Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being addicted <addiction to reading>
2 : compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

- that cut and paste guy :cool:

looks like were not addicted to music, seems we are connected instead, reliance is another one :D

-glycht