• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are these signs she likes me or not?? help please

swilly

TRIBE Member
Right there are 2 girls that i have been kinda chatting with in my programme and i think they both like me but......
I can never really tell though. I am really really dense at this stuff.

My older brother once told me that I would not be able to tell if a girl liked me unless she was sitting on my lap stoking my hair. Even then i would still wonder if perhaps she just wanted a place to sit and that my hair needed fixing!!

what can i say i am dense or stupid or just well stupid
But then on the other hand sometimes alot of things can be misinterpreted as being an attraction which might simply be the action of being friendly. Or conversly when you like someone you can interpret alot of simple actions as them being attraction.

right so here is girl number 1

she is super cute in my programme likes travelling and i really really like her.

here are the signs that i get

- when ever i am walking on campus or in the library she will go waaaaaaay out of her way to chat with me. I mean across the class room or like walks across the libray to come have a chat and she seems always super super happy to see me.

- she told me how i am the only quy with any fashion sense in our department or indeeed our whole faculty. Which is somewhat true and i have been told this before by other girls. so this is a not so much an statement of attraction but perhaps a simple uttering of the truth hahaha

- she always seems really interested in what i am talking about even if it is really boring such as an explanation of my research proposal on the linkages between transport infrastructure and regional economic development and cultural dispersion. Which i think is quite interesting actually but not too many others do especially the statisitcal side but... i digress

- she seems to keep making excuses to want to come and chat me up. such as me helping her with stupid explantions of economic geography

- she gets really excited about somewhat irrelvant common interests such as our shared wasting of time on ebay and went so far as to say jokingly that she loved me due to our common interests.

- she laffs at all my stupid jokes ones that are not even funny or so i would think

- she invited me out to this thing at the uni and was super happy i was going to go

However, I think alot of this can be very easliy misinterpreted. Firstly, some people are generally very friendly and will walk across a massive field to come say hi. Secondly some people just have a general happy mood and thus one can interpret thier being happy as not actual attraction but infact just thier personality. Excitment over common interests is not much to infer i would think, irrelevant interests or not. Perhaps my topics of discussion on geography are quite interesting to other geographers. Finally, i am in a faculty filled with dirty hippies and tree hugging vegbians and dirty snowboarders. Getting the odd hair cut and wearing cologne and buying relativly posh clothes places you in well dressed classification. Finally, perhaps she has no one to go with to this thing and so she invited me out of necessity not necessarliy interest. hmmmmmmm quite possible really

Thus now that i think about there is not much really there when you think about it.

Right girl number 2 i met quite recently but..... whatever
Right she is native ( Wooooooo whoooooo) and a thai boxer and

- when i first me her she was super shy and did not say much. Shyness amoung aboriginal women i have found means they like you alot. As many aboriginal women are very forward well ones brought up in the culture anyways. That and she kept on looking at me or so my friend mat told me

-that and she bit her lip several times and was kinda fidgity when i was talking with her. i saw this thing on TLC how that is a sign about sexual attraction or neverousness which would also be a sign.

- when we found out we have a common interest in muay thai she seemed really excited about it and wanted me to join with her

- she asked me if i had contacts on and then proceeded to tell me i have beautiful eyes( which i do so :p )

- she kept on touching me during our conversation

- when she found out that i snowboard as well she got super excited and asked me if would teach her and like gave me her phone number etc...

But i sorta think "ehhh you know what she probably just wants to learn how to snowboard". Also some people give out thier numbers very easliy i would think if perhaps there is a utility associatied with it. Furthermore, i do have nice eyes or so i have been told by others. So that does not really say much ethier. With respect to the excitment over interests well i get the same way if i find someone who likes muay thai as well. Moreover, shyness is natural when you first meet someone and one cannot infer much over that. Also with respect to the lip biting and fidigiting well who knows possible she had an itichy lip or something. Finally, some people are also just very touchy feely.

Right so from my thoughts on the matter. I personally dont think ethier of them have much interest. In that if you think about it in a right context, there is a logical explantion for all the supposed signs of attraction.

Many of my friends dont think so but.... they are guyz who know very little.

Indeed many guyz i know would assume that a simple hello is an sign of attrraction. Its sad really when you think about.

However, like i said though i am somewhat on the opposite end of the spectrum in this respect. In that it takes very blatent and open signs for me to clue in. Furthermore even with open blatency i can still not get it

right

ok lets here your thoughts them am i righ or are my friends right on this

swilly

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bambam
cant help you here mate...I do the same thing...

explain away everything

IT sucks but if you do it you cant stop. Even if you know you are doing it

oh well
swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
no, I was thinking that maybe he should ask them.

ask them what???

You cant ask someone if they like you? That goes against social conduct as well proper behaviour.

Last edited:

bambam

TRIBE Member
asking someone at that state may actually affect whether or not they are attracted to you, for example if theyre not really ready to admit that they like you, they would be more likely to respond in the negative, rather than the positive, even if it is closer to the truth. so theres no point in doing that, as surely youd rather let things develop at a pace that both people are comfortable with.
shit, Im not helping. my 2c.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
TLC doesn't lie.

Seriously though, if you're interested in either one of them ask them to come out for a drink see where that will take you. If they're interested then something may develope, if not, there's nothing to lose either.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
well you'd only ask them about it if you were interested yourself, in which case you should ask them out no matter what !

If you weren't interested yourself you probably wouldn't be thinking about it, so all roads are lead to asking one, or both of them, if you're one of those two-lady guys.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
well you'd only ask them about it if you were interested yourself, in which case you should ask them out no matter what !

If you weren't interested yourself you probably wouldn't be thinking about it, so all roads are lead to asking one, or both of them, if you're one of those two-lady guys.

got to have options mate options

cheers
swilly

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
you may be confusing her 'crush' with attention attraction- her interest could stem from her belief that you are interested in her- (initial feeling of being flattered gives way to interest)

keep distance and gauge their response- if they lose interest then forget about them

stickball

TRIBE Member
i think the fact that you listed so many points/hints, that they do like you should tell you something. they like you.

and i barely read any of your post and i think they like you.

take your skirt off and make a move. i have friends who don't get one of those signals, hit on said girls, and get laid all the time.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
i think they are pleased with your presence so..all you have to do now is make a move...good luck.
i hope everthing works out.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by windowlicker
you may be confusing her 'crush' with attention attraction- her interest could stem from her belief that you are interested in her- (initial feeling of being flattered gives way to interest)

keep distance and gauge their response- if they lose interest then forget about them

hmmm i dont really understand what you mean. If she had a crush then that would mean she was attracted would it not?
swilly

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
explain away everything

IT sucks but if you do it you cant stop. Even if you know you are doing it

oh well
swilly

I'll give you advice from what I have learned as I've been in similar situations.

There was this girl who I used to go partying with. I met her at a rave and was entranced by her the moment I set my eyes on her. She could dance like nobodys business. Anyways, I would see her everywhere, and so I kept inviting her out, to parties to eat etc. I kept waiting for that "sign" that she liked me. Eventually after a while I got up the nerve to tell her how I felt.

It turns out that she was smitten with me, but eventually she got tired of waiting for me to make the moves and she moved on.

So my advice to you is Carpe Diem, seize the day. From what you described it sounds like both these girls dig your thing, so ask one of them out, let them know that you dig their thing too.

Be confident in yourself, tell her you enjoy her company, compliment her, and if all is good let her know if you want it to go any further, but seriously don't sit back and hope something will happen, because if you don't try to get what you want you'll never get anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
gollum

voytek

TRIBE Member
go for the first one, at least you can kick her ass in a fight.

the way you go for it is you let her pick you up (for a date) in her car. Then, as you drive and talk about venereal diseases you pull out your shlong from the zipper and go: "phew, it's hot in'ere, innit?" in a cockney accent - chicks love that shit. If she starts blowing on it to keep you cool it's a sure sign she likes you - kinda like when she opens the doors for you or lets you use her hair when you run outta TP.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by voytek
go for the first one, at least you can kick her ass in a fight.

the way you go for it is you let her pick you up (for a date) in her car. Then, as you drive and talk about venereal diseases you pull out your shlong from the zipper and go: "phew, it's hot in'ere, innit?" in a cockney accent - chicks love that shit. If she starts blowing on it to keep you cool it's a sure sign she likes you - kinda like when she opens the doors for you or lets you use her hair when you run outta TP.

classy classy stuff

swilly

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
Right there are 2 girls that i have been kinda chatting with in my programme....blah...blahblah...blah... blah... thoughts them am i righ or are my friends right on this
swilly

Oh for fuck sakes dude....

figure it out like the way everyone else does.

daisy.jpg

(pull the petals off)

//The Tesseract//