• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are there any Wrestling fans anymore?

Psycho_Bunny

TRIBE Member
I was just wondering if wrestling was still cool, or better yet, if there are any fans out there that are, well, still fans. Cause in my opinion, it's gotten pretty lame.

Ric Flair must retire.

joey

TRIBE Member
i still watch it every now and then. although its on right now and im not....

there is a wrestling thread in the sports forum

i like your name

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
I miss the days of the character wrestlers like the iron shiekh, nikolai volkoff, the repo man, the bushwackers, afa and sika, the brooklyn brawler, the red rooster, akeem, the big bossman and of course my all time favourite:

KAMALA.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Kamala...classic.

Jimmy Super Fly Snucka (sp?), Ricky the Steamboat Dragon, Hacksaw Jim Dugan, Sgt. Slaugther, Ko-Ko Beware, The Mouth, Cpt. Louie, Junkyard Dog...

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i was a fan until THE GOBBELDYGOOKER was cut from the scene.
he was by the far the best wrestler of all time.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Resolver

TRIBE Member
"Oh no Jesse, Giant Gonzales is going to pound the Undertaker into oblivion!"

oh man, that was a bad bodysuit that Giant Gonzales used to wear.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Correct me, but I think the Machines were Ultimate, Super, Giant (who was actualy Andre) and for one match Hulk machine.

RIP Kirby

acheron

TRIBE Member
Moved to the Sports forum? Are you joking? That would suggest that 'pro' wrestling is a SPORT.

At best the only sporting part of Pro Wrestling is for the fans to see how long they can put up with suspension of disbelief before they give up and go home. Luckily for the WWE, most people can go 2-3 hours.

2canplay

TRIBE Member
Papa Shango. Hahaha. Memories.

For some strange reason my fav was Cowboy Bob Orton, aka, "the Technician."

Of course, always loved Rowdy Rod Piper. Loved the kilts!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
Correct me, but I think the Machines were Ultimate, Super, Giant (who was actualy Andre) and for one match Hulk machine.

RIP Kirby
i think it was one of the guys from demolition for a while --- prior to hogan ...

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I'd consider myself a pretty huge wrestling fan, but it's been ages since I watched more than 5 minutes of Raw or Smackdown. I think the last full show I saw was the Eddie tribute...

I watch a lot of ROH on the Fight Network, and TNA is getting better, it's just too bad that they're stuck with that late night Saturday slot until April when they finally move to Thursdays.

There still is lots of good wrestling out there, but you're probably not gonna find it in WWE.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
TNA is the new WWE. Once they get that Thursday night spot as SC said, and have some money rolling in to up their presentation values a bit, we'll have a solid competitor to WWE.

They are doing everything right though. While WCW wooed fans away from WWE by stealing their aging stars (which proved to be an unsustainable strategy in the least because it seems like they all got injured at once), TNA is bringing in the younger stars from WWE but - and this is the important part - not at the expense of their homegrown talent. So you've got a solid roster of great workers, along with a few guys like Sting and Christian who can still put on a fantastic match and are a money draw.

If I have one complaint, it's that TNA is letting Jarrett become their version of HHH, which is something that needs to be nipped in the bud.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dyad

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
Moved to the Sports forum? Are you joking? That would suggest that 'pro' wrestling is a SPORT.

At best the only sporting part of Pro Wrestling is for the fans to see how long they can put up with suspension of disbelief before they give up and go home. Luckily for the WWE, most people can go 2-3 hours.

what he said

its athletic though, i would call it a sport on the same level as say figure skating or synchronized swimming or sport cheerleading if points were given for choreography and execution of the moves

nothing wrong with a little showmanship. nascar has its drama

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
acheron said:

hilarious that you are so naive and resolute about wrestling...do you really think that those who watch it are believing that what they see is REAL?...OMG is eddie REALLY rey's son's father!??...it's purely mindless entertainment that manages to excite even the most modest of "fan" when it's on the ball creatively