• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are there any swimming beaches near Bancroft?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I know there are a lot of lakes up there, but I am more interested in well used swimming beaches... Are there any close to Bancroft?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I've done that, I am not having any luck with it. There is supposed to be one at Silent Lake, but how far is that away from Bancroft? I don't think it is close..

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Try searching Jack's Lake in Apsley I believe.

It's been quiet a few years since I have been back that way (my Dad is from Coe Hill) so I know there are several lakes with decent swimming and beaches, I just can't recall all of them.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
There are 3-4 provincial parks including Bon Echo that are less than a 60minute drive from Bancroft.

Those would be your best bet.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Keep an eye out for bears, I see a few in the Bancroft area every time I'm up there (not in the winter though).

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
I know I went swimming up there when we went to WEMF up there.

But my memory is all a blurr so...who knows whether it was a good beach for swimming or not. Maybe it was even a ditch somewhere...but we thought it was a lake.