• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are there any straightedge people here?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I AM SO PUNK!!

errr...

Yeah... all these stupid threads about drugs, and marijuana.
I was wondering if there are any people here that abstain altogether, or just stick to alcohol (but in limited quantities)

Stop Bill C-10

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I only smoke weed..
besides the two beers i had at the raptors game on wednesday, i haven't had a beer since halloween

that's pretty straightedge

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i thought straight edge folks dont drink at all?
i find this sorta subsection of punk culture really interesting.

at Om 2 years ago, there was this middle aged mom who came to Om with her daughter, son and her daughter's best friend. the 2 young girls were straight edge.
at one point in the afternoon on saturday, the mom and i struck up a really great conversation, and she basically admitted to me that she smoked weed the night before and that she really got into the music too.
it was so cute cuz she was all sheepish about smoking a joint cuz her daughter is straight edge. it was like bizarro family.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
I only smoke weed..
besides the two beers i had at the raptors game on wednesday, i haven't had a beer since halloween

that's pretty straightedge

agreed.

you're a faaking square mang.

swilly

TRIBE Member
i have quit all drugsbe they beer, weed or pills for a year or so if that qualifies me

swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
I've yet to meet a cool straight-edge person. All of the straight-edgers I've met were white-knuckling it and bitter. The celibate ones are creepy.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits

at Om 2 years ago, there was this middle aged mom who came to Om with her daughter, son and her daughter's best friend. the 2 young girls were straight edge.
at one point in the afternoon on saturday, the mom and i struck up a really great conversation, and she basically admitted to me that she smoked weed the night before and that she really got into the music too.
it was so cute cuz she was all sheepish about smoking a joint cuz her daughter is straight edge. it was like bizarro family.

That is pretty bizarro.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
i only inject now, quit this oral light wieght stuff
swilly

Hahah... colombian mainline.

nice. ill get a spoon.

First you get the sugar... then you get the power.. then you get the women!

finary

TRIBE Promoter
if you drink you're not straightedge either

man these punks would be turning over in their graves if they heard you guys!

i know one straightedge guy.... he was reallllly hard into drinking, weed, e, blow.. you name it...
then he quit everything cold turkey
and has done so for a year now...

now he's getting married! jebas...

good for him though. he was really annoying when he was drunk.

his drama magnetism has gone wayyyy down too

/f

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits

I met a guy once whose dad was allowed to smoke for medicinal reasons... and his dad said anytime he wanted some he would get it for him...

His son refused to smoke pot... and not for any particular reason...

I was very confused...

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
I've yet to meet a cool straight-edge person. All of the straight-edgers I've met were white-knuckling it and bitter. The celibate ones are creepy.

I know a few cats who are straight-edge. They're all totally into the punk scene, and all are super cool, down to earth people. You'd think they'd be all judgemental about people who aren't straight-edge, but they totally aren't. They don't do anything, including drinking or smoking tobacco or otherwise.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000

I'll tell Marcus you said that.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I have been clean from drugs for a long time now. I used to have a bad meth problem for 4-5 years. I used to do tons of drugs. Now I don't touch anything. I have no problem with drinking or smoking weed...I just don't care for either substance. I don't even smoke cigarettes. I go out sober all the time. I really don't need any substances to have fun. I am a very self-entertained kinda girl!:)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Those That Understand What Straightedge Means
BEING STRAIGHTEDGE MEANS YOU DON'T SMOKE CIGARETTES OR MARIJUANA, INJECT ANYTHING, TAKE PILLS (not even aspirin), AND/OR DRINK ANY ALCOHOLIC OR CAFFIENATED DRINKS

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
So yeah... I'm relatively straightedge myself.
I used to be pretty hardcore straightedge... didn't smoke, didn't do pills, didn't do anything...
I just went out and partied... whatever.