• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are there any safe hip-hop clubs in Toronto?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Seriously... a friend of mine wants to do his B-day at some hip-hop club, but all the different clubs he's mentioned, have had some sort of stupid shit happen at them.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by salad
The Joker usually keeps it real on Friday nights.
Okay... anyplace but Joker
I hate that place for some reason... I don'.... oh wait! cause everytime i've been there something bad has happened to either me, or my friends...
A pity tho... I did like their retro room. :(

How is Afterlife or Mink?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Are you retarded? The clubs YOU party at have all had some shit happen there! :rolleyes:

Monday nights at Alto Basso are hip hop night; real, underground hip hop djs.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
inside
fluid (thursday nights)
joker
orange room (saturdays)

you'll hear good music but mostly top 40 shizz, there are a few good underground week/monthly jams but i dont' know nore would i go

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The monthly Never Forgive Action parties at Gypsy Co-Op/Supermarket are fairly safe. I believe that tuesdays at Andy Poolhall (called 'Footwork') with DJ Fase are still running too.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
Are you retarded? The clubs YOU party at have all had some shit happen there! :rolleyes:

Monday nights at Alto Basso are hip hop night; real, underground hip hop djs.
Yeah, but there aren't as many black people, so it FEELS safer.

*shakes head

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agent Smith
Yeah, but there aren't as many black people, so it FEELS safer.

*shakes head
ha!!!

alto basso is dope on mondays, i just wish it was a thursday or friday night.

for how big hip hop is, theres not many good easy spots to go on the weekend for actual hip hop. its usually top 40 and r&b/reggae/kanye type mixed shit where you cant wear runners.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by terrawrist III
what i was thinking...wherever they have the never forgive action night
They used to have it at Supermarket but the last few I've been to have been at Gypsy. I don't know if there are plans to move it back and forth or whatever.

Anyhow, it's usually a good time.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The last NFA I went to (around October for my b-day) featured PRINCE MF'ing PAUL!

He was kind of eh though. He's a better producer than a DJ.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Flashy_McFlash

He was kind of eh though. He's a better producer than a DJ.
saw him w/ Aceyalone at the opera house and a very emphatic MEH!...the reason I didn't come out that night actually:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

scott

TRIBE Member
These two DJ's, Cell Division, used to put on a great hip hop night at Down One Lounge on Saturday nights a while ago. I think they've moved elsewhere but always played incredible hip-hop.

I think Down One still has a hip-hop night on Saturdays though.

It all depends on what type of hip-hop your friend is into. If he wants to hear cornball, top 40 shit then go to Joker or one of those places. If he wants to hear GOOD music from the early/mid 90's up to today's rarer shit, then look for a place like what they said above...Alto Basso or Down One.

acheron

TRIBE Member
what we really need here is to collect a list of the stabby clubs in T-dot and the non-stabby clubs. As well, a third list of shooty clubs could be useful.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders