• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are there any grants or rebates still available for installing a new furnace in Ontario?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I know a few years ago there was a grants scheme to increase the energy efficiency of people's homes. I replaced all my windows and got a few bucks back from that one...

But I wonder, are there any grants or rebates still available for installing a new furnace in Ontario?

Mine is past it's prime and needs replacing I think.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the maximum you can get is $250 for a new furnace installation.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
what type of hoops do you have to jump through to get the 250? Do you need a pre inspection and a post inspection to qualify?

No, I think the installer applies on your behalf and you'll get it as long as the furnace meets a certain energy star number.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Alex are you getting a boiler? I need to replace mine as well. Looking for good providers if anyone knows of any in the east end.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Alex are you getting a boiler? I need to replace mine as well. Looking for good providers if anyone knows of any in the east end.
No, I was thinking about replacing my gas furnace. My existing one was installed in 1997 and I am wondering if it needs to be replaced. The Energy Star rating it has is the worst on the scale. Also, the board fried last year and had to be replaced. Luckily I had just signed up for a home maintenance plan the month before so I avoided paying $1000 to have it fixed.

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
No, I was thinking about replacing my gas furnace. My existing one was installed in 1997 and I am wondering if it needs to be replaced. The Energy Star rating it has is the worst on the scale. Also, the board fried last year and had to be replaced. Luckily I had just signed up for a home maintenance plan the month before so I avoided paying $1000 to have it fixed.
Jebuz !! 1000.00 bones for a board - mother of gawd - wholesale on most oem boards with a universal replacement ( honeywell or white rodgers etc ) is about 125.00 to 215.00 !

Get an ecm driven fan motor and at least a 2 stage gas valve !

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories