• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Are all Cd discman the same?

taki

TRIBE Member
I need to buy a cheap one for a trip and I'm thinking other than an antiskip protection they will all pretty much be fairly the same and have the same audio qualities. Anything I should look for? I'm really only interested in it playing at a loud level.

zoo

TRIBE Member
loud music in earphones leads to tinnitus

the length of line of your cd player usually depends on how much you will pay for it

if you only intend on using it for your trip, then buy the cheapest one

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
those earphones suck.

get a 100.00 one and use it for a longer period of time...panasonic makes a pretty good product.

you can plug the thing into the wall and you can re-charge it that way..no need to buy disposable batteries.. my sister's have one...yes.. they still use cd's.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member

zoo

TRIBE Member
i listen to my cd player all the time, so i just spent $150 on a sony discman that also plays mp3 cds

and a decent pair of headphones [sony mdrv300] will cost you $60

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Here's a stupid question...

Discmans that play mp3s, are they capable of fastforwarding during the mp3 track?

^ This would be based on a data disc containing mp3s that I would have burned.

zoo

TRIBE Member
some models [panasonic] can't fast forward mp3s

most of them can

but it's not very good, it's only like twice as fast as actually playing it through

"real" fast forwarding only seems to exist on the ipod ... [that i've seen, i'm sure other non-cd mp3 players have good fast forwarding]

by "good fast forwarding" i mean being able to fast-forward halfway into a 2 hour set within a minute ...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sauce

TRIBE Member
Fast forward yes they can, just picked myself up a kick ass sony 80 hrs bat life.

The thing you want ot look for is battery life, if it's not posted as to how many hours life you get on the packaging then from my experience it will eat you batterys like i eat my grandmas veal cutlets.

God damn she makes good cutlets.

hope that helps.

peace

sauce