• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Archer beats Tyrion in most popular baby names of 2015

defazman

TRIBE Member
Goddammit. When we named our toddler it was because the name was classic but not common. Now it's in the top 20.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
the problem with trendy names is they become as trendy as a mullet in a few years

my gf's sisters daughters names i love. Camden and Quinn

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
that list seems a bit hard to believe. are there really more kids named DECLAN, SILAS and MASON than kids named MICHAEL, PETER or any of the other extremely common names that are missing from the list?
I have honestly never met a kid in any of my kid's classes named Michael or Peter. But I'm related to a baby named Declan (a very common irish name) and a baby named Mason, and have met a couple of kids named Silas. I've met tons of grownups named Michael or Peter, but zero kids. So I can believe it.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I have honestly never met a kid in any of my kid's classes named Michael or Peter. But I'm related to a baby named Declan (a very common irish name) and a baby named Mason, and have met a couple of kids named Silas. I've met tons of grownups named Michael or Peter, but zero kids. So I can believe it.
Okay, THIS LIST says that MICHAEL was the 9th most commonly given boy's name in the U.S. in 2015, which makes a lot more sense. This list also does not include EASTON, which gives it further credibility.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, THIS LIST says that MICHAEL was the 9th most commonly given boy's name in the U.S. in 2015, which makes a lot more sense. This list also does not include EASTON, which gives it further credibility.
That site's names are too heavy on the biblical. Probably run by a southern baptist. Besides, Archer isn't even in there.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Where's all of the "-ayden" names? (and their different spellings) They must have fallen out of favour recently too. In my kids classes there are multiples of:

Brayden
Jayden
Kayden
Hayden

Seems to have been a 2000's fad I guess.