• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Archer beats Tyrion in most popular baby names of 2015

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

Stirling, Archer way ahead of Tyrion in US top 100 baby names list.

Rankings include alternate spellings of the same name, for example AIDAN, AIDEN, ADEN.

Most Popular Male Baby Names of 2015

1 OLIVER

2 LIAM

3 BENJAMIN

4 OWEN

5 JACKSON/JAXON

6 HENRY

7 DECLAN

8 ETHAN

9 NOAH

10 ALEXANDER

11 FINN/FYNN

12 ELIJAH

13 CALEB/KALEB

14 GRAYSON/GREYSON

15 EMMETT/EMMET

16 ELLIOT/ELLIOTT/ELIOT

17 GABRIEL

18 AIDAN/AIDEN/ADEN

19 LUCAS/LUKAS

20 LEVI

21 LANDON

22 WILLIAM

23 ASHER

24 THEODORE

25 JACK

26 SILAS

27 JAMES

28 GAVIN

29 WYATT

30 JASPER

31 SEBASTIAN/SEBASTIEN

32 JACOB/JAKOB

33 LEO

34 STIRLING

35 HUDSON

36 EVERETT

37 ISAAC

38 LINCOLN

39 ARCHER

40 LUKE

41 LOGAN

42 HOLDEN

43 FELIX

44 ANDREW

45 MILES/MYLES

46 COLE/KOLE

47 MASON

48 NATHAN

49 SAMUEL

50 HARRISON

51 GRAHAM/GRAEME

52 MATTHEW/MATHEW

53 MILO

54 DANIEL

55 AUGUST

56 DOMINIC/DOMINICK

57 ADAM

58 GIDEON

59 EZRA

60 CHASE

61 TYRION

62 ZACHARY/ZACHERY/ZACKERY

63 JUDE

64 SAWYER

65 ELIAS

66 THOMAS

67 ELI

68 JACE/JASE

69 JONAH

70 CARTER

71 NATHANIEL

72 BENNETT

73 JOSHUA

74 ISAIAH

75 CHARLES

76 XAVIER

77 GRIFFIN

78 RONAN

79 CONNOR/CONOR

80 AARON/ARON

81 EASTON

82 NICHOLAS/NICOLAS

83 PARKER

84 MICAH

85 NOLAN

86 DYLAN/DILLON/DILLAN

87 IAN

88 MAX

89 JOSEPH

90 THEO

91 AXEL

92 HUNTER

93 DAVID

94 SIMON

95 ADRIAN

96 VINCENT

97 JOSIAH

98 CHRISTOPHER

99 COOPER

100 ARTHUR

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
that list seems a bit hard to believe. are there really more kids named DECLAN, SILAS and MASON than kids named MICHAEL, PETER or any of the other extremely common names that are missing from the list?

KickIT

TRIBE Member
that list seems a bit hard to believe. are there really more kids named DECLAN, SILAS and MASON than kids named MICHAEL, PETER or any of the other extremely common names that are missing from the list?
Big League Chu's son is named Declan. When he sent the email telling everyone, I was like "He named his kid, De-Clan?"

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I think the popularity list says that the common names like Michael, Peter and Robert have fallen out of favor, at least in the year 2015. I really find it amazing that people name their kids after movie or TV show actors or the characters they play.

If you look back at vintage baby name lists you will see they closely follow the names of the popular actors (even politicians) of the day...

Not that I am a parent, but I would imagine picking your baby's name is a pretty big deal. Naming your kid after a fictional Hollywood character or soap opera star seems kind of weird if you ask me...

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I think the popularity list says that the common names like Michael, Peter and Robert have fallen out of favor, at least in the year 2015. I really find it amazing that people name their kids after movie or TV show actors or the characters they play.
I get that, and I can certainly believe that names like MICHAEL/PETER/ROBERT could lose some of their popularity, but I would still think they would be a LONG way off from being outpaced by obscure names like EASTON and SILAS. Even if MICHAEL dropped 95% of its previous usage, it should still be used more often than EASTON.

I've met countless MICHAELS, but never an EASTON.

I'd be curious to know if anyone on this board has ever met an EASTON.