• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

arcades downtown, are there any?

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
what about the place on Queen that has skee-ball and shit like that?
Ive never been, so I don't what it;s about, but Ive heard alot of speak about it.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Watcher said:
There is one on Yonge at Gould, on the west side.

(Between Gerrard and Dundas)
That was probably the specific dump he was talking about!

That said, the best games can usually be found at those. As far as anything like Playdium, sadly no. I fucking wish there was though. A nice, upscale arcade downtown in a club space? So good.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Like the Playdium.

It was alright...
too bad it's gone now.

Vinnies Midway is also gone.

Apparently arcades aren't a sustainable business.

There's another dumpy arcade on Yonge between Charles and Isabella on the west side.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Watcher said:
Like the Playdium.

It was alright...
too bad it's gone now.

Vinnies Midway is also gone.

Apparently arcades aren't a sustainable business.

There's another dumpy arcade on Yonge between Charles and Isabella on the west side.
The thing that killed Playdium was that they rarely, if ever, updated the games. The space was really nice and they had the whole lounge set up at the top. I think it could be sustainable as a business if done right, but I am pretty much just pulling that statement out of my ass.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I'd like to setup some cool loungy space with comfy couches and a bar, and have Xbox360's setup on huge screens. Where you rent the couch area to play games and drink with your friends. Hot waitress caitering the couch areas. Also have other TV's playing the sports.

Man, that would kick ass. It would be the salvation of the guy who gets flack for playing games at home. He could go to a PlayBar to do it and drink with his friends.

Have tournaments and stuff. Whoa. I need money and time to write a business plan.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Watcher said:
I'd like to setup some cool loungy space with comfy couches and a bar, and have Xbox360's setup on huge screens. Where you rent the couch area to play games and drink with your friends. Hot waitress caitering the couch areas. Also have other TV's playing the sports.

Man, that would kick ass. It would be the salvation of the guy who gets flack for playing games at home. He could go to a PlayBar to do it and drink with his friends.

Have tournaments and stuff. Whoa. I need money and time to write a business plan.
That sounds like a great idea.

On Fridays there would be 'Japanese Style Code'.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I can't see how they would be sustainable, especially since the deluxe cabinets are pushing $10,000 these days. Who has the money to play at a price that would be profitable for the owner?

Although I did drop $40 at the Playdium in Vancouver the last time I was there.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sleepy Giant said:
I can't see how they would be sustainable, especially since the deluxe cabinets are pushing $10,000 these days. Who has the money to play at a price that would be profitable for the owner?

Although I did drop $40 at the Playdium in Vancouver the last time I was there.
Well the ones on Yonge seem to be doing okay. I don't see why one in the entertainment district, bolstered by alcohol sales and booth rentals, wouldn't.

Then again, Playdium's failure tells a different story so what do I know...Maybe that space was an Indian burial ground or something, which would explain Lucid's failure as well.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories