1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Arcade Fire @ Olympic Island

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by sianspherica, Aug 1, 2010.

1. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

2 weeks away.

looking forward to this.

2. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Saw them at the secret show at the Danforth Music Hall. Absolute quality.

I'm going to this one as well.

3. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

they blew me away on saturday night at osheaga, but i'm never going to another island show again. the last one was fucking horrendous!

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

yes I am going. Any insider tips about the Island craziness? Are the crowds really going to be that terrible? How about the wait for ferries? when should I get to the ferry docks? etc

5. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

as early as you can.

actually for the BSS island show, I found the ferry situation to be pretty decent. think we arrived for 2:30 and didnt have to wait long for a ferry.

then again, that show had like bands all day from 1pm, whereas I can see many people for this only caring about Arcade Fire (pretty weak supporting lineup imo) so it will probably be crazy busy around 7pm.

6. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

agreed nesta. they were awesome at osheaga. i would have braved the lines to see them again here but i'm away that weekend.

7. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Where can I find the supporting line up for Sat?

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

yes, what he said.

9. SonorouS

SonorouS TRIBE Member

6:00p - The Sadies
    7:15p - Janelle Monae
    8:45p - Arcade Fire

gates open at 4

10. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I am rather excited for this. Even after seeing them from the second row of the Danforth Music Hall a few months ago, I want to check them out again. The last few months have been huge for Arcade Fire. From the Gilliam directed webcast during one of two sold out shows at Madison Square Garden, to being on top of the charts right now in Canada, the US and the UK, to rocking the Daily Show last night, there is no doubt they are in top form. Tomorrow will be a special chance to catch one of the most important bands in the world at the height of their creative powers.

11. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i wonder i if get to the ferry docks at 6....hmm. we'll be seeing Arcade Fire from probably 1/2 km away. if we get to the ferry docks at 2pm and get in line early , we'll be closer to the front (in theory). Its that 'middle area' that you dont want to be stuck in.

You just can't trust a crowd for any band that has over half a million fans anywhere they go. These are not people who have experience partying in close quarters.

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

later haters!