• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

applying for an MA

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Hi all,

I'm in the final semester of my BA at Dork... I mean York U. I'm applying to get an MA at a few Ontario Universities, I was wondering if anyone else here is applying, or already in an MA/PhD program.

The process is stressing me out, it would be nice to talk to someone who has already gone through the process.

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hamza
Hi all,

I'm in the final semester of my BA at Dork... I mean York U. I'm applying to get an MA at a few Ontario Universities, I was wondering if anyone else here is applying, or already in an MA/PhD program.

The process is stressing me out, it would be nice to talk to someone who has already gone through the process.
are you in poli-sci? if so we have been ordering ma and phd packages from different schools across ontario and they will be in our office shortly for all to view.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by crave_e
get a job and get your company to pay for your MBA.
That's what I'm doing, it makes the most sense.
I don't think he said anything about an MBA.

Now, I'm not trying to turn up my nose to a powerful degree like an MBA but it is not an academic degree; rather it is a professional degree.

Hamza, currently I'm in the first year of a Media Studies MA at Western and applied to a whole bunch of schools across Canada last year. The application process can be a bit daunting but the most important thing to keep in mind is having a unique research goal that easy to accomplish. As long as your marks are there, having strong references and an articulate and dymanic research interest is what's going to get you accepted.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Good luck!