• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Apply Stupid. Rinse. Repeat!

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
Every evening I leave my desk... I get 10 feet away then remember something I forgot. The receptionist likes to make fun of me for this.

I do the same thing with my car (only when I get home). I lock and close the car door. Start walking away. The realize I forgot my lighter inside or something else. (This is the one I seem to do the most, and gets to me the most)

SOOOO many mornings I don't notice that the shower head is pointing into the center of the bathroom rather than down on to the floor of the shower.... so I lean in to turn on the water and warm it up before getting in..... then proceed to take a strong stream of freezing water in the head followed by it going all over the floor.

I CONSISTENTLY 'lose' my wallet. Then later find it in the stupid spot I rested it down while I was trying my shoe or doing whatever. (this drives my girlfriend nuts)

Anyone else have any absent minded patterns they have never been able to shake?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
I am guaranteed to lose something everytime I go out. Be it money, smokes, id, cellphone I know that at the end of the night something is gone for sure.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
That's not as much stupidity as it is absent-mindedness.

but I concede...

“The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.”
-Harlan Ellison

kuba

TRIBE Member
Yes. I can never find my keys and wallet, even though we have a place to put our keys and wallet. I always put my car keys in the most inconvenient pocket, so when I carry 10 bags of heavy groceries from the store, i have to do a gymnastics routine to open my car. usually it looks like i'm fondling my balls while holding a watermelon. I always forget to take shit out, and it's fucking annoying.

welcome to your late 20s, to aging, to doing too many drugs.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
This is where having OCD's come in handy.

I dont lose anything, I'm constantly triple checking my wallet, keys, money... lock doors...

I guess because it would drive me nuts all day to wonder if I forgot, so I am constantly vigilant not to forget anything.

But if you ask me what I did yesterday, or what I'm doing tomorrow,... I most likely dont remember.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
This is me as well, but I have built little patterns to help me remember. It helps having a nice and understanding girlfriend who never forgets things as well!

Lurker

TRIBE Member
^^^ I'm the same way with my ocd/autistic routines.

Wallet is always in the same pocket (depending on what pants/shorts/jacket I'm wearing), keys follow the same rule.

I always set stuff down at home in the same-ish place every day when I get home.

When I misplace something that's part of my little "routine" I get pretty pissy.

I tend to forget plans, more than actual items.

I think Kuba said it best though :)

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
I always seem to under-shoot when it coes to time.

10:00 Pm

Me: I'm leaving now... seeya in 20!

Friend: ok seeya soon!

11:10

knock knock

Me: Hey dude!

sugar

TRIBE Member
DoubleDown said:
SOOOO many mornings I don't notice that the shower head is pointing into the center of the bathroom rather than down on to the floor of the shower.... so I lean in to turn on the water and warm it up before getting in..... then proceed to take a strong stream of freezing water in the head followed by it going all over the floor

Why would it be positioned that way in the first place?

kick

TRIBE Member
I've lost my wallet soooo many times.

I've lost my debit card even more often...in the corner of the card there's a little number stating the edition...I'm on 37!!!!! (now that number is dived in two because royal sends you temporary card which is counted)

any time I leave my house or change location I do the mental check list of:

WALLET
KEYS
CELL PHONE

I'm getting better :)

kyfe

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
This is where having OCD's come in handy.

I dont lose anything, I'm constantly triple checking my wallet, keys, money... lock doors...

I guess because it would drive me nuts all day to wonder if I forgot, so I am constantly vigilant not to forget anything.

But if you ask me what I did yesterday, or what I'm doing tomorrow,... I most likely dont remember.

sadly I am the same way, I often look retarded getting into my car only to go back in the house because I most commonly forget my MP3 player

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
sugar said:

I was wondering the same thing.

I blame the pot - I haven't touched it (with few exceptions)... god, in years and I've noticed a huge difference as have my friends - particularly with the mood swings. I'll check for my keys and my cell phone throughout the day if I'm out - but that's just to make sure I haven't dropped it or left it anywhere.

No more running back and forth to the car because I forgot something or checking to see (3 times) that I did in fact lock the door on my way to work.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Yes. I can never find my keys and wallet, even though we have a place to put our keys and wallet. I always put my car keys in the most inconvenient pocket, so when I carry 10 bags of heavy groceries from the store, i have to do a gymnastics routine to open my car. usually it looks like i'm fondling my balls while holding a watermelon. I always forget to take shit out, and it's fucking annoying.

welcome to your late 20s, to aging, to doing too many drugs.

it gets worse.

wait until you hit your 30s. :p

ps i do the keys routine all the time; evil D does the wallet routine on a regular basis.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
kick said:
I've lost my wallet soooo many times.

I've lost my debit card even more often...in the corner of the card there's a little number stating the edition...I'm on 37!!!!! (now that number is dived in two because royal sends you temporary card which is counted)

any time I leave my house or change location I do the mental check list of:

WALLET
KEYS
CELL PHONE

I'm getting better :)

oh god, your mental check list just reminded me back when i was doing telemetry on fallow deer in the san rossore park near Pisa. we had *so* much stuff that we had to bring out with us every time we went out, and we would inevitably always end up going back to the field station to pick up what we'd forgotten - which was always something that we needed for radio tracking.

it became something of a joke after a few weeks.

i ended up writing a list and taping it to the inside of the door so that it would be the last thing we'd see before leaving the station and we'd do a run through right there to make sure we had everything.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
DoubleDown said:

knock knock

add about an hour and that's me.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
DoubleDown said:

knock knock

change "friend" to "girlfriend" and then change "girlfriend" to "ex-girlfriend" and you've got my biggest problem...

c.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Wallet, right back pocket.
Keys, left front pocket.
Money, left back pocket.
Misc, right front pocket.
Lighter, 5th "mini pocket" if I'm wearing jeans.

I tend to forget things that I don't carry with me every day.

If I make a CD for someone and then leave it anywhere but near my keys....I forget it when I leave.

The daily stuff I'm good for....it's the unexpected stuff that gets me.

But I've found that if I tell myself out loud what I need to bring with me...I'll usually remember.

Although lately I've been leaving stuff cooking in the oven or boiling on the stove for too long....had to remake a few meals that way.

I blame Big Tobacco.....they cause everything.

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
sugar said:

I blame the eveil monley that lives in my closet.

(I dunno... but it is!!!!! .... Ghosts!)

***edit ... .I got it!...... the shower head is removable... which I remove... So I guess it's when I put it back on the holder than I change it's position**

Last edited:

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I had my lock cut off almost every year in high school; I've never been able to retain a locker combination my entire life. The one year I did remember was only because I wrote the combo in permanent marker on top of my friends locker. *smacks head