• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Apple powermacs

Littlej

TRIBE Member
Hey I was gonna get the 2.0 dual processer powerbook with 1 GB of ram..but Im not sure how many audio tracks it can handle @ once. does anyone have one and already know? Im looking for something to handle 16 audio tracks at once..maybe even more....

anyone?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
my 733 with 1.5GB of ram can handle more than 16 in Digital Performer rewired to Reason on OS 10.3.9. I'd hope that any Mac that isn't 7+ years old can handle that at least.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Get max ram in the mac book if thats the model you are talking about. And with universal binary programs finally coming out, it should perform amazingly well.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
wayne bradbury said:
Get max ram in the mac book if thats the model you are talking about. And with universal binary programs finally coming out, it should perform amazingly well.

i would get the least amount of RAM possible and then upgrade it after. apple charges up the ass for RAM.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
i would get the least amount of RAM possible and then upgrade it after. apple charges up the ass for RAM.

I didn't mean through Apple, but yeah max it out and you will get huge performance increases. I have yet to max my Intel Mini but a friend of mine did his and said he got huge improvements, like its not even the same machine anymore.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders