• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Apple awarded right to disable iPhone cameras at concerts

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Damian Jones, 30th June 2016

Apple has been awarded the right for a new system which could potentially stop people filming concerts with their iPhones.

The company’s invention would allow venues to use an infrared beam to disable photography on mobile phones, preventing people from taking videos and photos.

“An infrared emitter can be located in areas where picture or video capture is prohibited,” the awarded patent adds. “An electronic device can then receive the infrared signals, decode the data and temporarily disable the device’s recording function based on the command.”

When switched on, the patent says, the phone would simply display a “recording disabled” message when audience members attempt to take photographs or videos. Alternatively, a watermark or blur effect may be applied, to discourage people from sharing them.

Apple awarded right to disable iPhone cameras at concerts

Stop Bill C-10

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
can this be done to sway multiple minute after minute same thread posts for JamesM after 2 am ?

praktik

TRIBE Member
I guess you have to go infrared but Im wondering how well that works in a big arena. Maybe better than I expect?

But I was thinking a radio/satellite solution would be used here - nearby celltowers or GPS letting them know where phone is precisely, then they leverage command in iOS to turn off camera.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i think videos are more of their concern than photos.
yeah, it's a nuisance, but this reeks of Big Brother.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
LOL

Silly people.

Turn off Location Services.

Turn off GPS

Activate Airplane Mode

Open Camera App

Turn to Video option

Hit Record.... Profit

THEY CANT STOP YOU IF THEY 'DONT' KNOW YOU ARE THERE !

unless they decide to compile some garbage code to prevent you from using your camera and video, or actually turning off the services that allow them to track you.

Laughable.

PS - Fuck iphones and all Apple products.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Worse is the idiots who would actually want this enabled at their concerts and don't see the value that sharing these videos actually gives them.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Worse is the idiots who would actually want this enabled at their concerts and don't see the value that sharing these videos actually gives them.

No kidding! Whenever I see an overexposed shaky video with totally distorted sound I'm like I have to be there.