• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

apple (and pumpkin) pickin

evil homer

TRIBE Member
there's gotta be a beter option than chudleigh's.

where can we go spend a day picking apples and take home a bushel. and we also need 15 pumpkins so if there were a way to do that enroute it would be ideal.

thanks

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
I just finished picking my own at Grammas- and some wild crab apples!
Pesticide free! yummers!

Try anywhere along hwy 7. Lots of orchards & farms there.
And you won't need a day to get a bushel- like 20min.
-J

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I literally ate 10 apples a day after I went picking. My mother had to throw them out because I became OBSESSED with apples.

Good luck. There's some great places in Toronto. I'm sure you can even just google them.

alma

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
I literally ate 10 apples a day after I went picking. My mother had to throw them out because I became OBSESSED with apples.

Good luck. There's some great places in Toronto. I'm sure you can even just google them.
i ate about that many apples – once. did all those apples, er, have an effect?

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i wanted to actually go picking apples off of a tree like we used to when i was little, but instead i did a "pick your own out of a bushel" in prince edward county yesterday. not really the same, but good enough! now i am going to go all martha stewart-like and bake loads of apple-y things.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
^^^mmm I made cakes & pies- the cakes turned out pretty heavy though- they had no yeast. I don't know what the pie's like yet-but Hobo ate the middle out of i last night- so mebbe he can say.
-J
*MP-let me know what you made & how it turned out!

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DEEPHOUSEGRL
I had pumpkin soup the other day. It was good! I wish I could find a good recipe somewhere?
alexd has a really good one for curried pumpkin soup and I hope he posts it again as I lost it, but loved it.