1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Apotex Founder Murder Suicide

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Apotex billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey found dead
    As police investigate “suspicious” deaths at Sherman home, Mayor Tory, Eric Hoskins, Bob Rae and other high-profile politicians and philanthropists offered their condolences.

[​IMG]
    Two deaths were reported at the home of Canadian billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey. Toronto police say the deaths are being treated as suspicious but won’t confirm the identities of the deceased. (The Canadian Press)

Sat., Dec. 1 bodies were found in the home of billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife, Honey, after police were called to their North York mansion just before noon Fridarman, the 75-year-old founder of generic drug giant Apotex, was one of the richest men in the country, with an estimated net worth of $4.6 billion.

The couple had donated millions across the city, from the United Jewish Appeal to the United Way. A charitable arm of Apotex has shipped millions of dollars worth of medicine to disaster zones.

Police said circumstances of the deaths “appear to be suspicious,” but noted they are not looking for any suspects and that there were no signs of forced entry.

2. Bernnie Federko

3. Bernnie Federko

Frank D'Angelo cited Mr. Sherman as "my best friend and my strength."

"There are moments in life that test your intestinal fortitude. I'm weakened & heartbroken by the tragic & devastating news of the untimely death of Barry & his wife Honey," D'Angelo tweeted Friday.

Mr. Sherman was known to have bankrolled many of Mr. D'Angelo's projects over the years, including the Steelback Brewery—which ultimately racked up millions of dollars in debts before being taken over by Mr. Sherman's son, Jon, in 2008.

4. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

If Sherman was best friends with a lowlife, slime-ball like Frank D’Angelo, there’s gotta be much more to his story than hard-earned success and philanthropy.

...and I wonder what - if any effect - this will have on the resale value of their house. It was recently listed for around $7M.

5. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

6. Bernnie Federko

It's very interesting the D'angelo involvement. Something always stinks with him.

7. Bernnie Federko

Double homicide now ...

8. Bernnie Federko

What happened to Barry and Honey Sherman? What we know so far about the Apotex founder's death

A pharmaceutical magnate and his wife are dead in a mysterious tragedy that has shocked their family and friends, and which police are investigating as "suspicious." Police confirmed the cause of death as "ligature neck compression" and homicide detectives have taken the lead in the investigation even though the deaths haven't been classified as homicide. Here's a look at the family and the company.

As friends and business associates wrestle with the sudden deaths of billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey, his company is forced to find its way without the man who guided the firm for its entire 43-year history

9. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

10. Bernnie Federko

Citing poor revenue, high marketing costs and the weak Canadian dollar, both the brewery and D'Angelo Brands filed for protection from creditors. Court documents show that Barry Sherman's Wasanda Enterprises Inc. was owed $101,619,464.20.

11. basketballjones

lets not forget his passion project movies or his music career...d'angelo was a complete disaster.

12. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Don’t EVER provide goods or services for that piece of shit. He doesn’t pay his tradespeople. First hand... that bitch is pond-scum.

13. Bernnie Federko

$101,619,464.20 is a lot of money to spend on Frank's shit, what was Sherman thinking?

14. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Apparently Sherman bank-rolled all of that grease-ball’s nonsense. ...EVEN his house in Forest Hill. What’s the deal with that? NOBODY with half a cerebrum and modicum of business sense would invest in a fuck-wad, narcissistic clown like D’Angelo. Begs the question... why?

There’s some serious slime attached to this story and we haven’t even cracked the surface yet. Juicy stuff.

Know what the cops are doing right now? Following the money.

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

could it have anything to do with Frank's ' sicilian ' roots ? Maybe Sherman was also bankrolling other ' less legal ' stuff ???

16. I remember some stories from some peeps that worked at CHCH and they couldn't figure out how D'Angelo got the money to pay them to air his weekly show.

I remember wondering about his movies, how he secured the financing for that. I mean, I know his drink was popular, but not that kind of popular.

17. basketballjones

[​IMG]

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  18. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Apologies in advance for any damage you may suffer as a result of watching this but it’s a soundtrack feature on the Barry Sherman money trail...

19. basketballjones

i remember one year at waste of the danforth i was trying to score a souvlaki and he was on stage warbling away which almost made me lose my appetite

20. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

I had the misfortune of seeing that as well. Prick is a straight-up floater. ...the kind that refuses to go down, regardless of how many times he’s flushed.

21. basketballjones

i still have no idea the kind of yes men that must hang around him who say his movies, music or late night show are good ideas. everyone must be on the payroll

22. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Pretty sure the “payroll” was just found hanging from a belt by the pool with a jacket pulled down around his arms, behind his back.

Stay tuned for bankruptcies and foreclosures. ;)

23. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

basketballjones likes this.
  24. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

my mom's maiden name is highly connected to long standing near Royalty in Rexdale.
    She saw a post i did on FB regarding the potential connection to this, and D'Angelo.

She calls me, tries describing the post without naming names ( like someone's listening )...and then pushes her worries that she doesn't want to see me strangled like they were.
    i laughed my fucking ass off...then tried explaining to her that maybe...just maybe...he's involved...and the last thing i need to worry about, is my post on FB, when there's probably thousands of other people posting the same thing.

oh mommy...

Mondieu likes this.
  25. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

I don’t think that cut-rate hack had anything to do with this. He just happens to be one of the big losers, in the grand scheme of things. Opening his yap about “best friends” - something he did to insert himself into the story -may actually garner him unwanted attention. He had zero to gain and just lost everything. The purse is no more. ...and he ain’t bright or balls enough to pull off a nasty-ass hit like this.

Whoever did this is SERIOUS business. Pharmaceutical-cartel level stuff.