• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Apartment Question #3564

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i live in a building that houses an obscene number of people. it's huge, and subsequently it is very very hard to get the management office to take any of my concerns very seriously. often they don't even call back.

however, this i cannot ignore. for the second time in about 6 months there is a giant trailer-type thing parked outside my window spewing diesel fumes right into my apartment. it is loud and nauseating and it goes from about 8 AM until 8 PM. (it has something to do with the underground parking garage and the ongoing construction right below my building.)

seeing as how i am concerned primarily for my health, is there some sorta organization i can contact? someone that i can mention when i leave a message at my management office, kinda like a threat? like, "i have called so-and-so, and if you don't take action immediately i am going to have to take this further"?

*choke*

:(

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Suck it up!
i *really* hope you are suggesting that i suuuuck up the fumes. cuz truth be told, i think it's getting me high. might as well work with it, eh?

sincerely,
squirrely "huff'n'puff" robin

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Call the rental tribunal (sorry I don't know the number) or if you want immediate action call the cops. Tell them there's a vehicle idling outside your building that's spewing fumes into your apartment. They'll come and get them to turn off the trunk.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
reach out and put a potato in the smokestack. If I know anything about cartoons the truck will swell in size and eventually explode.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
reach out and put a potato in the smokestack. If I know anything about cartoons the truck will swell in size and eventually explode.
I second this idea.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
k wait, your window is closed, yet somehow the machine outside your window is giving off smoke that is somehow getting into your apartment?
how is the smoke getting in?
i'm confused.

ben

TRIBE Member
ministry of environment's pollution reporting hotline:
1-866-MOE-TIPS. (i've always been curious to see what they do when people actually call).

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
k wait, your window is closed, yet somehow the machine outside your window is giving off smoke that is somehow getting into your apartment?
how is the smoke getting in?
i'm confused.
the windows are absolute shit. there's a pretty much constant wind gusting through my place.

(this is another thing that i would like to complain about but probably won't bother seeing as how i have no intention of re-signing a lease here.)

on top of this, you can't come or go from my place without choking on the shit. it's evil.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ben
ministry of environment's pollution reporting hotline:
1-866-MOE-TIPS. (i've always been curious to see what they do when people actually call).

They wouldn't care about this. As long as the truck passes emissions standards then it can sit there 24 hours a day if they like. It has to be polluting the environment at large, not just robins environment..... and at levels above what are allowed.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
:mad:!!!!!!!!!!

;)

(when are we gonna start whoring ourselves?)
ahh its been a bit nipplely out lately, so when the snow clears a bit, I dont want to slip in my new stillettos and mini skirt babe;)

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Put a potato in the foreman's ass. He'll swell up and explode, and then you can find the keys laying next to the guts, and you can turn the thing off.