• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone work for Wells Fargo Financial

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
My room mate just dealt with an asshole that happened to be a supervisor at a Wells Fargo call centre. She gave him no reason to be this way of course.
I have a few questions about consolidation loans.

Anyone know or work there?

MG

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Well my roommate got a loan from them and is definitely regretting it.
She only went to them because her credit history wasn't so great from when she was a teen. 17 years old with a credit card isn't the best thing especially when you're on your own. She has since had HBC, Futureshop and the like type cards which she has paid off on time but still needed a loan, so she went to wells fargo for it.

Now, she had a problem recently with someone stealing her pin and debit card info so her bank setup two new accounts for her to use [transferred the funds lost and not lost to them] but didn't get rid of the old tampered accounts.
The Wells Fargo payments were coming out of them at $300 a pop. A few days ago she straightened out her bank accounts so that she would only have the two new accounts and canceled the old accounts. Wells Fargo tried taking money out and couldn't so they immediately called her. The lady she spoke to was pleasant but my friend had a request that the woman could not handle so she transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor [apparently was having a good day and even said he would hate to see him on a bad day] starting tearing into her accusing her of not wanting to pay her account and that he would fuck up her credit [she has his extension apparently] after she explained her situation. Now, part of the cause of the stickiness is that she doesn't want to pay the $300 now, she wants to make sure she has enough money to go to Europe with [in case of emergency] while she films there for a movie. She wants to pay the deduction after when she comes back almost two months later. This supervisor at WF said he would do anything in his power to ruin up her credit if she doesn't pay now.
I advised her to call back and try to speak to another higher level person [this guys likely some jerk team leader] to see if she could get a better and more pleasant person.

Is there anything else she could do? She apparently is friends with someone in a financial institution and so I told her to maybe get a consolidation loan with them since I know that the interest rate in this particular institution is a lot lower. Only problem is that consolidation loans are a ding to the credit.. how big, I'm not sure. Stupid world banks.

Help!?

MG

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
I have a friend who works for them, and he himself told me to NEVER deal with them, and he works there...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I don't think they are particularly reputable, but if your friend got a loan and now isn't making payments for whatever reason, then....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

echootje

TRIBE Member
Well my buddy works there, and he is a total asshole, but I don't think he's in the call centre so I can't help you.

LOL

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
we get 2-3 phone messages from them for the previous owner of our phone #

the only way to get through to customer service is to actually have an account number. after about 3 tries my random button mashing got me through and i told them to stop calling and erase their contact info. we still get calls from them

BASTARDS!

possibledj

TRIBE Promoter
JayIsBored said:
we get 2-3 phone messages from them for the previous owner of our phone #

the only way to get through to customer service is to actually have an account number. after about 3 tries my random button mashing got me through and i told them to stop calling and erase their contact info. we still get calls from them

BASTARDS!
try calling them up and not pressing any buttons at all, ignoring their demands that you enter numbers. not everyone has a touchtone phone, and they still want to talk to those people. just wat on the line and someone usually picks up (eventually). that's my trick for dealing with rogers and navigating their touchtone labyrinth

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I don't think they are particularly reputable, but if your friend got a loan and now isn't making payments for whatever reason, then....
She asked to make the payment late...however... if they're assholes well...

ugh

MG

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Just let me understand...she changed her bank account numbers and missed payments as a result? and then she spoke to someone at WF who was rude to her?
Credit agencies and places like WF are trained to be rude and scare the shit out of you about missing payments. My suggestion would be for her to pay the payments she missed somehow....she does owe them, fair and square, right? The fact that they were assholes doesn't absolve her of whatever debt she has with them.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wells Fargo is a large reputable American Bank.

Wells Fargo in Canada is a HIGH RISK Lender. meaning they loan money to people that the big banks won't normally touch because they are at risk to default. Being a high risk also means that you pay higher interest rates. so the better your credit, the better your interest rate. except with credit cards which have fixed rates across the board for each type of card.

As for your friend's situation, there's nothing that guy can really do to ruin her credit. it's an empty threat.. a scare tactic if you will. However, once she is 30 days past due, the debt will show on her credit bureau as being I2. I1 means up to date with payments. I2 means 30-59 days past due. I3 means 60-89 days past due, I4 means 90-119 days past due. Once you get the payments back up to date the current status of the account is obviously updated. However it will still reflect on the credit bureau in her history that she was late on payments. Late payments obviously lower your Fico score, but if it's a one time thing it's no big deal.
However seeing as your friend had to resort to borrowing from Wells Fargo, her credit obviously already sucks so it won't make to much of a difference either way.

so ya... guy can't really do anything to fuck her credit up, but if she's going to be late on her payments she needs to be prepared to take a small ding on her credit bureau..

Last edited by a moderator:

m0ff

TRIBE Member
I'm having visions of R9 Bad Debt Write Off in my head.

Fucking hell I hated being a financial advisor!

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I love you Evan. Thank you for that information!

On a side note...Is it true that it's better for your credit to pay gradually on a regular credit/loan account [not high risk] instead of paying it off right away?

Give a squeeze to Michelle for me and come visit Me/Vancouver!

MG