• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone watch $40 a day on the food network?

lucinda

TRIBE Member
I think this show is adorable! The host is perfect and the format is excellent. Last night she went to Amsterdam and ate some really cool stuff and all for under $40! Good job! Which programs on the food network do you kids like/dislike?
Wow....I am really bored!
;)

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Yes, I've seen this show.
I watched the episode when she went to New York.
This show is really informative. It tells you about great places to eat... and great places to shop that only locals would know. :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucinda
The host is perfect
;)
OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!
that woman is soooooooooooooooooooo FREAKING annoying!
i want to stomp on her face.
i have tried to watch this show on multiple occasions and i totally cant because she makes me feel homicidal.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Anyone watch $40 a day on the food network?

Originally posted by Booty Bits
OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!
that woman is soooooooooooooooooooo FREAKING annoying!
i want to stomp on her face.
i have tried to watch this show on multiple occasions and i totally cant because she makes me feel homicidal.
Add me to the crazy pills list. She's annoying as hell. I swear, she goes "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" to every damn thing that she tastes. She needs a punch in the neck.

A better show is Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis. I don't know if it's on Canadian Food Network, but it is in the US. Good, classic, basic Italian dishes, and she's hot to boot.

Sorry, that's the best I can do for a photo.

-- Jay aka Fut

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
yes! jay! you know the score!
she always "mmmmmmmmmmm"s and opens her eyes all wide like shes never seen food before, and she has this obnoxiously coy smile that she seems to use in the place of a possible million different facial expressions.
and she does this 'knowing look' thing, and she plays dumb sometimes, and she talks as though shes pandering to small children.

MURDEROUS RAGE MATERIAL!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I love the food network. I will definately make some time to watch Everyday Italian. She's easy on the eyes *swoon*

AshG

Originally posted by Booty Bits
yes! jay! you know the score!
she always "mmmmmmmmmmm"s and opens her eyes all wide like shes never seen food before, and she has this obnoxiously coy smile that she seems to use in the place of a possible million different facial expressions.
and she does this 'knowing look' thing, and she plays dumb sometimes, and she talks as though shes pandering to small children.

MURDEROUS RAGE MATERIAL!
whoa.

think i'll just quietly back away from liz for now...

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
heh heh.

on the topic of Food Network programs that don't make me go insane, i'm a BIG fan of Good Eats, hosted by Alton Brown.
he explains the science behind simple foods, like how to make a perfect pot of rice, or how to bake a cake and stuff like that.
he has this way of explaining things that makes so much sense. its like a food show + a Bill Nye The Science Guy episode.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
there are several uses of 'rolleyes' emoticons in this thread that make absolutely no sense to me.

i'm like a 'rolleyes' reject. i can never figure them out.

lucinda

TRIBE Member
Oh I am a little weird today, so don't mind the rolleyes! My work is just so ridiculously slow that rolleyes and emotions are making me less bored. :rolleyes:

Snapper

TRIBE Member
I LOVE the food network as well, but I'm not convinced that this lady is genuinely enjoying her food (faking orgasm). This show has a lot of filler which is not food related, she eats 3 meals which takes approx 10 mins of the show, the rest she's shopping for nonsense!

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I dont have cable, but when I did there was only 1 TV chef that mattered.

His name is Alton Brown, and he is the greatest TV food personality of all time.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
the guy that cooks out of his trailer driving around is super annoying and pretentious.
grr he bugs me.

:)sarah

Snapper

TRIBE Member
The show "Cook like a chef" something like that is one of the best cooking shows on that channel. Those chefs really get into it, and all the food on there is quality.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
among food network shows, i guess rachel ray appeals to 30 or 40 something house wives who see a nice non-threatening woman cooking realistic food that they can cook too in a short time span.

molto mario is a good italian cook and is knowledgable but how many dishes from roman cusine can you cook, yeah fresh ingredients, grilled or stewed then pour olive oil and chilli flakes all over them... i get it.

the guy that travells and smokes and drinks too much is the best... cant remember his name though..

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner

the guy that travells and smokes and drinks too much is the best... cant remember his name though..
YES!!! This guy is spoiled to shit, I want this guy's job!