• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone wanna be a teacher??

Miss Michie

TRIBE Member
I'm interested in learning how to produce... just want to know if anyone could teach me how to do this??

i'm a good student .. i swear :)

Deus

TRIBE Member
Haha, I wish it was that easy. There is a lot to know. I'm sure someone will be able to get you stated, but the rest you'll have to teach yourself. There are a lot of good resources for this on the internet. Do a little search, see what you come up with, and if you have specific questions the tribe's men are a good source for info.

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
It will be much easier if you have an understanding of some of the basic concepts first. I would suggest downloading a demo of the program 'reason' and experimenting with that for a bit. It is great for beginners and covers a lot of the concepts you will want to know, plus give you an idea of what areas you are most interested in. Happy composting! :p

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
hey michie, marcia Chiclet has a setup now so i'm sure she'd be more then willing to help you out! she's working on some breaks tracks at the moment which is right up your alley ;)

and of course i'll help you out too

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

hysterical

TRIBE Member
I could hook you up with some software to get you started:D

..........i have a list of most of my shit on another thread....i believe its called tradezzs or something...,,ill hook you up with as much shit as i possiblly can.......
And teach the basics as well:D

Just let me know.....id be gla to help out a fellow breaker;)

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Hey Michie, I'm not in Toronto tons and tons, but if you have any questions, you know where to reach me.

And yeah, Reason is a great place to start - synthesis, sampling, and sequencing - the 3s's of production.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aphrodite
she's hot. but a lesbian. so come to our place. lol

I didn't say 'my answer depends on your willingness for intercourse'. But nonetheless, I AM joking.

Mitchie, if you're planning on your own setup, it's highly dependant on what you want to spend. Whatever you get is usually scalable, but give us your budget, and that will determine what your options are for learning.

This is highly evident in the variety of production setups of everyone here, and the various production preferences vary with them.

Free Demo software is nice, but the lack of a financial commitment usually makes most bored due to the perceived value of what they're working with. It's always good to take a small financial leap when getting into production, even if it's just a small one.

So what's your budget?

Last edited:

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ Rob is a good person to ask.

If you want to learn Reason, Recycle, and Nuendo, I could teach you the basics. For more complicated in depth stuff, there's a lot of much more knowledgeable peeps on here.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by OTIS

Free Demo software is nice, but the lack of a financial commitment usually makes most bored due to the perceived value of what they're working with. It's always good to take a small financial leap when getting into production, even if it's just a small one.

i agree totally. buy a mac.;)

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Miss Michie
I'm interested in learning how to produce... just want to know if anyone could teach me how to do this??

i'm a good student .. i swear :)

IF you want to learn and you are serious I will be glad to help on areas you are interested in. Unlike some ppl whith atitudes that they are better than others and not willing to share the information there are no secrets in my studio(s).

My only thing is I like to work ppl who really are in it for the right reasons and not bullshit fake ass stardom or whatever it may be.

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Anyone wanna be a teacher??

Originally posted by Humanjava
IF you want to learn and you are serious I will be glad to help on areas you are interested in. Unlike some ppl whith atitudes that they are better than others and not willing to share the information there are no secrets in my studio(s).

My only thing is I like to work ppl who really are in it for the right reasons and not bullshit fake ass stardom or whatever it may be.

Oh yes, my noble one. lol :p

Can I call you SiFu? j/k :D

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Iso your a fag !!

Chiclet you may think you have lots of knowlege on stuff but not to be egotistical I have tons of knowlege and have shared and helped many people further their produceing skills.

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Where did I say I thought I had a lot of knowledge? :confused:

I was just poking a bit of fun. Take it easy there ego ;)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
i agree totally. buy a mac.;)

I didn't say 'while your at it, purchase a doorstop'.. jeez, the misconceptions in here are outta control.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Humanjava, you need to work on your people skills mate.

Marcia! Good to hear you got a setup.. look forward to hear some of your stuff!

nusty

TRIBE Member
I didn't say 'while your at it, purchase a doorstop'.. jeez, the misconceptions in here are outta control.

lol

<---- laughing at the mac= doorstop refference. :D

:)

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr

i've said it before. if we ever meet i'll either punch you or give you a big kiss(maybe both)!;)

ps-Ur a d0or5t0p!! LO>LOL!

Mike Goodwin

TRIBE Member
hey there

Ive been producing since 95 and am willing to lend a hand, so add me to your list of willing people.

Best of luck to you!

Peace