• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone still here?

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Shut the fuck up and let me get back to sleep. You do know that I just got back from five days of insanity in Toronto, don't you? :p

Dude, do I have some stories for your ass.

Evil Nine with Juice Aleem doing live vocals...holy fuck!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I'm still here....still working insane hours....still waiting to collaborate with ya at some time....

I need an acapella site though......there's 2 songs I wanna work on.

How was Dieselboy?

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Are you kids coming to the Commerce BBQ tonight? We're spinning for 7 hours or something crzy like dat, dropping the house and breaks bizness!

:eek: :D

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Dude I'm surrounded by 1000 U of S kids every weekend.........tonight I'm watching Ultimate Fighter and Indiana Jones....and then going to bed.

I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks.

I'm a hurt unit.

I know a lot of people going tonight though...I'll get a few of em to pinch your ass.

Make sure and smile big!

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Sure thing Marky! :eek: :D

I've got TONS of stories from last weekend in TO dude. Deekline, Evil Nine with Juice Aleem, Hooligan...fuxking MADNESS!

Paul Who?

TRIBE Member
Good to see you guys are still alive...especially Chris. After last night I didn't think I would see you for days.

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Yeah...I was a little "animated" I guess. Sorry for the end-of-night bitching I was doing...I was just kinda disappointed with how early/quickly things cleared out and the lack of people I got to visit with. Not to mention, I should've eaten a burger to have some food in my stomach.

Thanks for your help and words of encouragement! :p

What you up to this week/weekend?

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
Lydia's tonight?

Moez, you in town yet?

Wanna go for a beer and some House tonight?
DAMMIT! I missed this.

I am in town! And I still only really know one person, ha!

I will check back to this thread more often now that I am REALLY in Saskatoon :)

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Well I'm working at the Top 40 bar all weekend...but next Wednesday is House night and I believe Paul is playing....or are you Chris?

We should head out for a couple beers.

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I think it's Paul next Wed. We're playing the following week, prob minus me though as I'll be on crutches following another great ACL knee surgery.

On a brighter note, my crew and I, 3feetdeep, are playing this Saturday at the Spadina Freehouse downtown...although I'm sure you got our e-mail cuz I added you to our distribution list. ;)
Come down and check it out if you have time.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Dude, you should rename it to "Slut-Tastic Saturdays" and watch all the fellas come running.......

C'mon...it's a good idea.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Dudes. I would love to go but I have a night class and am coming down with a bit of a cold. I have to keep it at bay so that I can sing.

:(
That's ok, you're here for a while.....no hurry.

is the house night a weekly?
Yes.
It's not so much of a "House Night" anymore as I'm playing on October 5th and various others are spinning Breaks as well.

Now I guess it's called a "Funk Bonanza"

Who are the djs each week?
Rotating residents include

Dr. J
Paul Who?
3 Feet Deep (Chris Z, Claude, Labrynth)
Dyslexic

Where is it exactly?
Well what area of the city are you in?
If you know where Broadway Avenue is, you should be able to find Lydia's. It's on the corner of 11th and Broadway.

thanks yo!
Anytime.

Last edited:

Moez

TRIBE Member
Score! what do you spin, eclectic?

I will definitely come hear you play :) And which of those djs spin breaks?

I live at Bate Cres. and Main street. (I think it's near Preston and 8th)

I don't know much about Saskatoon yet and am limited in terms of transportation (I don't have my truck :( ) BUT where there's a will there's a way. I'll find that place. There's only so long you can go without hearing some breaks before you go stir crazy :p

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
I'll drop some breaks for your ass. You're actually not too far from Broadway if you're at Preston & 8th.

I must've just missed you in TO on Labour Day weekend. I was actually partying with a bunch of Tribe regulars. LoL was another year of fuckin wicked insanity.

CZ

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Moez
Score! what do you spin, eclectic?

I will definitely come hear you play :) And which of those djs spin breaks?

I live at Bate Cres. and Main street. (I think it's near Preston and 8th)

I don't know much about Saskatoon yet and am limited in terms of transportation (I don't have my truck :( ) BUT where there's a will there's a way. I'll find that place. There's only so long you can go without hearing some breaks before you go stir crazy :p
Myself, Chris, and Dyslexic drop the Beats that are Broken....

:D

Bate Cres hey? I know where that is...not too far.

We'll have to arrange a meet and gre...get drunk one night.

I work at a Top 40 bar (which one in town isn't?) during the weekends, so if you ever want to get stupid fall down drunk around a bunch of jocks and young'ns....let me know.

hehehe

Moez

TRIBE Member
okay so I am definitely in for this wednesday after my Jazz History exam.

are there set times or do you all just take turns? How will I find you? have any pics online?

woop! I am just happy to have the chance to meet people and hear music that I love.

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Hey J,

yeah, we usually just go back 2 back (like four recs at a time) when we play here. It'll be me and my boys Claude and Aaron (3feetdeep), so look for me and I'll introduce you to some people.

It's kind of a shitty pic, but this is me (with my gf at our Robb G show back in Jan):

Here's another one - Eclectic (Mark) is the dude in the hat doing the crazy devil face, Claude is the short guy on the left, Aaron in the back left, myself, Robb and Paul Who? licking the mixer. Paul and Mark have been big local DJs here for a while, and then I formed my crew 3feetdeep almost two years ago when I moved back from Chicago:

Last edited:

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Also, here's a bit of a better pic of me.

(I'm at work, don't have my fun pics...just one's of me DJ'ing)

You could always just give me a call if you'd like to meet up ahead of time.

261-4302 is my cell number and I'm usually home after 7pm.

Hope to meet you this Wednesday!