1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone pleaded not guilty to speeding before?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by todiefor, Mar 19, 2010.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

So I got a ticket for going 85 in a 60 at a speed trap. But, I was going 70. Still speeding, yes, going 25 over, no.

The cop said I was going 85 and then refused to show me it on the radar gun and got extremely flustered when I continued to challenge him on how fast I was diriving.

It's really just my word against his, so I don't know how much leverage Joe Citizen has against an officer of the law, but I'm going to see if I can fight it

Anyone go to court to fight a ticket before with some advice or tips worth sharing?

2. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Don't radar guns give out receipts or something?

3. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

this one definitely didn't. that's a good idea though, it'd give people a lot less to argue about.

4. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

You can probably make a good case if you have no prior speeding charges. Ask the judge to consider your history.

5. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

You need the Professor.

6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I've heard they have to show you the radar reading when asked.

7. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

pm Ashg.

it's all you need to know.

8. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

+1