• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone play squash?

juice

TRIBE Member
So who is downtown and wants to play squash during the week? The Goodlife at Queen/McCaul would be the location ... or if you belong somewhere else with squash that's downtown that'd work too. I know basic (Kevin) is going to be playing some as well.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
I've got extra raquets.. a bit old, but they'll work.

I'd be up for it.

I'm playing this weekend possibly.

I work at the BCE Place.. so downtown is good for me!

Amy

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I am mad to play more squash!

What are the rates for the club? What days are optimum for you to play? Do you realise that if we, complete strangers, play squash and I bean you with the ball (as I am wont to do) it will be some kind of weird consentual assault.

I'm just saying.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Beaker and I are supposed to play today but I can't make it. I should probably PM him before he reads this. it's only polite. :)

Bumbaclat

vinder

TRIBE Member
alright, who wants to lend me a racket so i can see how fast i have to hit the ball for it to go through darryl's pants and up his bum?

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
It's total ass to start a game of squash and be really winning, like 9 - 0 for three games in a row and then realise that your streak is due to the fact that your partner hasn't shown up.

So yeah B, let him know.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
alright, who wants to lend me a racket so i can see how fast i have to hit the ball for it to go through darryl's pants and up his bum?
Your Ghandiesque armature is too weak to threaten me in rachet form.

But play on!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Your Ghandiesque armature is too weak to threaten me in rachet form.

But play on!
dude, there isn't a racket sport that i don't dominate in. just like the way isabella dominates your ass on a regular basis.

BO

juice

TRIBE Member
I can play on Monday/Tuesday/Friday. I think guests are $5 a day but I've always just snuck people in there (shhhh). I also have a whole wack of one week guest passes if that ever becomes a problem.

What level does everyone consider themselves to be at?

Adam: where do you play?

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
LOFL.... vinder is cracking me up this morning.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
I should mention I've never played squash against another person before...
I used to play. Haven't played in ages.

I have access to free squash courts.. so if anyone is game.. I'd like to start learning again.

Practice makes perfect.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Finding a steady game on Thursdays would really cut my cake.

[obligatory vinder-analsex comment] Dominate my ass you ass master... yeah! [/obligatory vinder-analsex comment]

juice

TRIBE Member
Cool this was fast Josh and I are playing today at 1pm. Of course I could have walked 4 doors down the hall and just knocked on his door and asked if he wanted to play ... but why bother I want to grow fat and lazy with the internet!

beaker

TRIBE Member
i'd like to play during the week. i'm available most any weeknights starting around 7pm, except mondays. i'm a member at a club at eglinton and yonge and i believe the guest rate is 10 bucks but i'll double check. and i'm a low 3.5.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
In the game I play on Tuesdays we are not 100% on the Queen's rules and all that. We play where the serve must first hit the front wall but after that you can play a shot off the side wall first, so long as it hits the front wall eventually.

Correct?

Also, if you sever and fuck it up (too high, too short, etc.) you get to serve again. Two messed up serves and you lose the ball.

Correct?

beaker

TRIBE Member
aside from the serve, you can hit it off any wall (side or back) as long as it stays in bounds and makes it to the front.

you only get one chance to serve. you used to get two chances but that was a long long time ago.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Only one serve, right then.

Playing off one of the side walls - especially when you're returning the serve - makes for a very difficult shot to return. Difficult in that it ain't happening. When my friend serves it up sweet to me I don't even let it bounce. I turn towards the side wall and slam it. It hits one side wall, hits the other, and then dribbles into the front wall, barely missing the tin. It bounces about three inches total once it hits the ground. My friend has asked 'is that legal?'